Emergency Adoption

ANTI-COSMO rests up against the basement wall, bored out of his mind.

ANTI-COSMO: I realize the importance of stocking up and being incognito, but can we please not hold a fashion show while the world's at stake?

MARUKI: (twirls in his POLYBIUS arcade cabinet costume) It's fun, though.

Y/N: (using your awesome vampire powers to change the color of your hair to brown [if not a different shade of it] and styling it into a messy bun) Who says you can't have fun at the end of the world?

ANTI-COSMO: (bluntly) You look like you're about to become sold to One Direction.

SCOTT THE WOZ: (walks in wearing a white t-shirt saying "I AM NOT A VIRGIN") Say that shit again and I'll destroy you for insulting Y/N.

Y/N: No, he's right. I have to look as different as possible. I'm not just some Wattpad protagonist.

MARUKI: You really are amazing, Y/N.

ANTI-COSMO: Y/N, your kindness and your beauty transcends all barriers.

SCOTT: That's my Y/N. Mine and nobody else's.

Y/N: (blushes) Aw, you guys...

ADACHI: (walks in wearing a Hawaiian shirt and loose tie) What'd I miss?

SCOTT: (twirls his hair and giggles) How awesome Y/N is. Y/N is more amazing than Be-yon-sayyyyyyy ✨️✨️(flicks his wrist because he isn't beating the allegations)

ADACHI, who is extremely uncomfortable right now: Ah...

AKECHI walks into the room, donning what I'm going to blatantly tell you is his "Black Mask" outfit from his boss fight onwards in Persona 5/Persona 5 Royal. I'm so sorry if this was how that was spoiled for you.

SCOTT: (eyeing AKECHI) Huh... I don't remember having that laying around.

Y/N: Me neither.

AKECHI: I don't think it was until this all started going down. (opens his mask) But whoever put it there knows me all too well.

MARUKI: (intimidated) I-It certainly wasn't me.

ANTI-COSMO: Well, now, are we finished with playing dress-up? The convoy should be our next priority.

Y/N: And making sure the car can handle everything.

SCOTT: If it can take me to the vape store, it can take us to Ren.

AKECHI: ...how far is the nearest one?

SCOTT: Once you get past all the cornfields it's a smooth 45 minute drive. (A beat) I don't smoke, by the way, I just wanted to make content.

ADACHI: Wow... nothing happens around here, huh?

A sudden explosion is heard from upstairs. EVERYONE looks up in fear, though YOU are also annoyed.

Y/N: If that's the door again, I swear.

Using your cool vampire powers, you run up the stairs and open the door. An OUTREALM FIEND pokes its head out at you. You close the door and scream.

SCOTT: (reaching you with his cool vampire powers) WHO HURT MY BELOVED Y/N!?

Y/N: S-Something found us. Someone. I'm not sure which is worse.