The Morning After

Morning comes. And, for now, the battle has come to a standstill. Far apart from the each other, the opposing armies rest deeply and peacefully, save for LIANNA and yourself, who are slightly away from the camp. LIANNA paces across the field restlessly while you lie awake. Which was literally me a few weeks ago at 3:45 in the goddamn morning because the people in my dorm love to have fights all the fucking time. It's over now, though. I hope.

Y/N: (groaning) Have you really been up all night? The sun's barely come up.

LIANNA: I can't help it, Y/N.

Y/N: Are you sure this is all necessarily, though? A war and shit? You could just, I dunno, call a ghost hunter or something.

LIANNA bolts upwards immediately.

LIANNA: That's it! I didn't even consider it, thanks to our lack of modern technology, but it's definitely not out of the realm of possibility!

Y/N: (mumbling to yourself) Yeah, because everything that's been happening so far is sane and valid. (pulling out cell phone anyways) Just use mine, don't worry about it.

LIANNA: (takes the phone) Thank you. I think I remember how to work this thing.

LIANNA types away at the phone for a minute or so, then gasps.

LIANNA: Found one! Luigi Mario's Plumbing and Ghost Hunting!

Yes, that Luigi Mario. LIANNA begins dialing and holds the phone in her hands on speaker. You have no idea how she figured that out, and neither do I!

???: (on the other end, awkwardly) LMP and Ghost Hunting, this is Luigi speaking.

LIANNA: (looking at you confidently) Hi, I hear you're a ghost hunter.

LUIGI: (voice empty) It's in the business name, ma'am.

LIANNA: (sighs in relief) Good, because I have a huge ghost problem. There's a male ghost actively pursuing my fiancé at the moment.

LUIGI: I see. And how so?

LIANNA: Romantically. And the scary part is, my fiancé claims to love him back?! I think he's possessed, or worse! It's disgusting... I mean, obviously, that one of them is dead. But that ghost is... he's gay! And now my fiancé is talking about being bisexual and loving him instead of me!

A brief moment of silence follows.

LUIGI: (as if he is having a moment of important confidence that totally isn't part of another fic I wrote ahahaha... it's "I'm In Love With My Plumber?! on archiveofourown and in one of my compilation books on Wattpad, you can find him on the cover): I'a must've forgotten to mention, but... we don't'a actually do ghost hunting anymore. Just plumbing. And if you're looking for an apprenticeship, that position is already taken. So unless you have issues with your plumbing, have a good day!

The line goes dead. LIANNA chucks the phone across the field.

Y/N: WHAT THE HELL, LIANNA?! THAT'S MY PHONE! (You run after it as LIANNA collapses onto the ground and sobs)

LIANNA: WHAT AM I DOING WRO-O-O-ONG! (Her breath begins hitching from crying so hard)

Y/N: (returning with your phone, undamaged) First off, throwing other people's property, you fucking asshole.

LIANNA: (wipes away tears) I-I only have two options now. Either we continue the war, or I make a compact with the Devil himself.

Y/N: ...a-are you sure those are the only two options?

LIANNA: Azura and that... thing are gone, Y/N. We need them and a handful of others to complete the prophecy, and at this point I need answers. And you're only in this for the fighting to end, right?

Y/N: Well, yeah, but-

LIANNA: (grasping at your shoulders, regardless of your height difference) Please, Y/N, please! You are the most important person to me right now!

But right now the most important person to you is your beloved SCOTT THE WOZ. You know how much he has and still goes through. After all, you two had even moved to a larger house recently to avoid your birth parents finding you again and selling you for drugs... againLIANNA's also fucking crazy. Like... really fucking crazy. At least she acknowledges the whole ghost x human thing but at the extent she's at for that reason and more? Ludicrous.

However, you couldn't throw the world into further turmoil and continue a war that your beloved would have to suffer through alongside other struggles in his own life.

Y/N: (sighs) Fine. I'll do whatever I can.

LIANNA: (softens her grip on you) Thank you. Now then, let's get back to camp and sleep. Negotiations can be planned later today. (skips off to camp)

Y/N: (watching LIANNA in fear) Am... am I a bad guy?