2.7

Michael

I watched the sky grow dark as I stared out of the window. I kept thinking about his drained eyes and how upset he looked when I told him to go back. I kept thinking about how soft his hair was though it was evident that he hadn't taken a shower that morning. I couldn't stop thinking about his face when I begged him to not hate me. I couldn't stop crying and I kept thinking about never seeing him again. I felt like nothing. I wanted to be nothing but I knew I was at least something to him. I had to mean something right? Maybe I should have followed him. But it's too late for that.

I turned away from my window feeling a gust of wind hit my back as I walked over to my bed. I haven't slept since he left the other day and I figured I needed sleep more than anything- well that's not true, I needed him more than anything but I screwed all that up. I screw everything up. And now he hates me. I got under the covers and snuggled my face into the pillow. It felt like I was sleeping on air and I could feel myself floating. I was so tired, I haven't been this tired in a long time. I closed my eyes and let go of my mind as images of happy memories coursed throughout my mind.

*dream*

"Shut up Ashton!" I laughed as we walked down a long quiet hallway in our school. The lights were flickering and I could see my own reflection in the marvel flooring looking back up at me. I could hear Calum and Ashton laughing in the distance and I turned around to see that I was completely alone. "Calum,... Ashton?" I called out as I heard their laughter fade away into the dark distance. I couldn't stop moving forward though everything in my body was telling me to move back. I wore Lukes blue Nirvana shirt he gave to me a few months back even though he really didn't want me to have it and black skinnies with black vans.

"Mikeyy," I heard someone whisper but the whisper was so faint I couldn't make out whose voice it was. "Mikey!" The voice shouted causing me to jump and start to sprint down the hallway. The lights shook and flickered and bounced off the walls around me. "I hate you Michael." The voice, Lukes voice, echoed down the long hallway and I came to a stop. Tears now streaming uncontrollably down my face.

"But I thought you loved me-" I whimpered as I fell to my knees. I squinted my eyes shut for a moment, hearing laughter from Ashton and Calum all around me. I felt humiliation course throughout my body and I covered my ears with my hands to block out the noise. I opened my eyes back up and saw the surroundings around me changed. I was now kneeling in the dirt right underneath my treehouse. I looked up and got to my feet, slowly. I don't know what it was but it was like something was telling me to climb the latter, to move to higher ground or something bad might happen. I just had a bad feeling. I hesitantly climbed the ladder and peeked my head over the landing. I could see lights flickering from inside the treehouse and curiosity got the best of me. I firmly planted my feet before the door trying to muster up the courage to open it because for some reason, I was scared.

"I'll miss you Mikey," I heard Luke from inside. "I loved you so much." He whispered.

"Michael don't go inside!" I heard Calum scream from the bottom of the tree. His voice cracked and sounded like he was crying. I could hear Ashton's laughter. It got louder and louder as Calum begged. "Don't go in there please please please!" Desperation rang in his voice and this wasn't how Calum acted at all. Something was telling me to stay away from him. To do everything in my power to not go down that tree. Curiosity had fully consumed me and I hesitantly opened the door. I heard Calum's feet step onto the landing and I threw myself into the treehouse.

"Luke where are-" I stopped frozen in my tracks. Everything went silent. Dead silent.

"I told you not to go in there." Calum said his voice dropping three octaves. And I stared in shock at the sight in front of my eyes.