Chapter 13

We all sprint up the stairs before we barge through the roof doors, yelling "Teddy!" Of course, with our luck, he's not here.

"I can't believe this is happening again!" Stu says in frustration.

"Okay, look, we'll handle this," Phil assures him. "You and Ash get back there. You tell them that Alan and I got drunk with him, we're still partying. You gotta go get married."

"No, I'm not leaving you," I blurt out. I purse my lips when I realize what I just said. "We're not leaving."

"Yeah, I'm not going back without Teddy," Stu states matter of factly. "It's Lauren's little brother, he's lost, he's injured. If I fuck this up, I lose everything."

"Okay, everyone check your pockets," Phil tells us.

We all check, including me since these white flowy pants have them. We empty all of our pockets and check our phones. 

"I got a text from Chow," Alan informs us. 

"What time?" I ask. 

"Uh, 10 o'clock last night," He answers. "On my way," He then says the n-word, and we all huff because that gives us nothing. 

"We are so fucked," Stu says. 

"Hey, Phil," Alan points at something. 

"What?" 

"Look who's back," We all look at the monkey. 

Phil touches the top of Alan's shaven head. "We gotta get you out of the sun. Get you a hat."

"Before he loses the single brain cell he has left," I remark, making Phil chuckle. 

~~~~~

"Guys, I think we should really go to the American consulate," Stu says as we walk down one of the streets of Bangkok. 

"For what?" Phil asks. "Report a dead body we shoved into an ice machine?"

"Yeah, like they'll let us leave," I huff. "We'll all get raped in prison."

"What?" Alan looks at me. 

"Have you not heard of any stories of what happens in prisons?" I question. "Where people make newbies their bitches?"

"Don't worry, Ash," Phil begins. "You're the one to least likely become someone's bitch. You can be very scary at times."

"Yeah, and you're a woman," Stu adds. "The consulate might let you leave if you fuck one of them."

"What if they want to fuck one of you?" I counter. "I think Phil can pull off as a pretty woman."

"Thank you, but no, thank you," Phil says. "No one is fucking anyone to get out of here. We're not going to the consulate."

The two men begin fighting and I ignore them, actually enjoying observing the people. I may not be a people person most of the time but I like watching them. Studying what makes one person or culture different from the next. My phone then rings and I answer it. 

"Hey, Doug," I say and all the men stop walking with me. 

"Just got off the phone with Bangkok PD," He informs me. "They got him. He's okay.

"Thank God," I sigh in relief before telling them, "The cops got Teddy."

"He got arrested," Doug continues. "For disorderly conduct. But he's okay. They said they'd release him to you, no questions asked. No one here has to know. He's at the Rachawang Police Station.