Chapter 23

"Ok, so here's the deal," Phil begins as he approaches Stu, Alan, and I after going into Caesar's Palace to ask about Chow. "You need a key to even get onto his floor. And then once you're there, he's got security posted at the door. It's ridiculous."

"Let me guess, that's him?" Stu points up at the very top floor of the hotel, lights flashing inside of the villa. 

"Yep, the one with the strobe lights," Phil confirms. "I got an idea," He looks between Phil and me. "But you're not gonna like it."

I sigh before walking in the direction of entering the hotel. "Let's just get this shit over with."

After Phil tells us his plan as we enter the hotel. I just tell myself it will work in hopes it actually will. 

"It's not going to work," Stu negatively claims. 

"Not with that fucking attitude," Phil remarks. 

"You know this whole place is made out of marbles?" Alan questions. 

"That's so cool," I monotonously comment. 

We go up the elevator and down the hallway of the second floor. Phil urges us into a Staff Only room to pick up towels and a cart. The plan is for Phil and I to stick Chow with the Demerol and Stu and Alan wait with the car running in the valet. 

After Phil and I get out of the elevator to the top floor, Stu stops us. We look back at him and he gives us a concerned look. 

"Don't die."

~~~~~

Phil and I emerge out of the staircase and onto the roof. The roof we remember we had a drink on before we started one of the craziest adventures of our lives with no memory of the night. I follow him to the edge, looking down at the city of Las Vegas. 

"Are you sure you can do this?" Phil asks me as I begin tying the towels together. 

"I think I have enough arm strength," I tie the last towel in a connecting knot with the others. "I got this."

I throw the connecting towels after tying it tightly around the railing. I look down, seeing that after we climb down there will still be about an 8 feet drop. Okay, that's fine...Hopefully.

Phil spits in each of his hands before rubbing them together. He notices my disgusted face. "Don't act like you haven't seen me spit before. Especially last month when I-"

"Okay," I quickly interrupt him, spitting into each of my hands and rubbing them together like he did. "Are you gonna go first?" He nods. I look back down at the drop before back at him. "Don't die because I'll kill you."

He chuckles before leaning forward and kissing me. "I won't."

He steps over the railing, holding tightly onto the towels. I hold my breath as he leans back, letting it out as I see that the towels are holding. I lean over the railing to watch him as he goes down, ready to grab the towels if it snaps. 

"Oh, fuck me," He curses as he accidentally kicks off of the side of the building. 

"Already did that," I mumble to myself, trying to joke so I can lie to myself and say I'm not nervous. I hear the towels ripping a bit but don't think about it. I watch him reach the end before letting go and landing on his feet. "Are you okay?!" I call out and he gives me a thumbs up. "Okay," I nod, grabbing onto the towel and stepping over the railing. 

I take a deep breath before leaning back. I slowly make my way down but then all of a sudden I drop. I land in between two words of the Caesar's Palace name with a scream escaping my mouth.