Chapter 22

We exit the police station, scrunching our eyebrows at the sight of the limousine. The driver opens the door for us and we cautiously get inside. 

Phil waits for the driver to get inside before asking, "Sir? Where are we headed?" 

The driver just looks back at us before sliding up the screen that separates us from him. We remain silent for the rest of the drive, confused as to where we are going. The limo comes to an abrupt stop and the driver gets out to open our door. 

"Welcome back," He says. 

We get out, looking at the house we had broken into almost 6 hours ago. We follow another bald man inside the house, noticing someone already cleaning up the mess Leslie had made. 

"Out to the back," The bald man tells us. 

I cautiously follow Phil toward the back door with Stu and Alan on my tail. My eyes widen at Doug sitting on the steps in front of the infinity pool. He stands up only to be stopped by the other Doug. 

"Doug!" I run forward, feeling familiar hands grab me. I look back at Phil who shakes his head, wanting me to remain still. 

"Leslie Chow never lived here," We all turn to see Marshall laying on one of the pool chairs, an umbrella keeping him out of the sun. "You didn't break into his old house. You broke into my house." 

"I don't understand," Phil says. 

Marshall stands up, walking up to us. "You didn't get back the gold he stole from me. You got the other half that he didn't."

"Oh, my God!" Stu exclaims. 

"You mean the half he never had?" I ask. 

"He's a world-class rat, and you four were his accomplices," Marshall takes out a gun, folding his arms. 

"No, no, no!" Phil subconsciously steps in front of me. 

I grab his hand, forcing him to stand by my side as Alan cowers on the other side of him. 

"We were trying to help you," I tell Marshall. 

"We thought you'd be happy!" Phil shouts. 

"Thank you so much," Marshall sarcastically says. "Thank you for ripping me off. Thank you for desecrating my home! And thank you for killing my fucking dogs!"

"We didn't kill your dogs," Stu quickly tells him. "They're just tranquilized."

"Oh, right. You don't know," Marshall says. "Chow snapped their necks on his way out."

"What?" I mutter. 

"And somebody's gotta pay," The other Doug states in a sing-song voice. 

"He's right," Marshall nods, lifting his gun. 

"No, no, no!" Doug cries out. 

We all scream as Marshall shoots the other Doug dead, the man's body falling back into the pool. Alan looks away, wailing. 

Marshall walks to the pool, looking at the dead body. "My head of security. Couldn't stop four fuckups and a Chinaman with a pair of wire cutters...Unreal," He points his hand at Alan's peed pants. "Aw, man.  That's okay. I know it's scary. Hector. Run upstairs and grab a pair of sweatpants for Alan here." 

"I'm a 44 slim," Alan informs the guard. "Can you bring me a few options?" 

"You found Chow once," Marshall begins. "Find him again. And my gold." 

"We don't even have a car," Phil points out. "Chow stole my minivan."

"Take the limo," Marshall tells us. "Hector has the keys. And get going. I'm killing Dougs today."