Chapter 18

The Hangover Part III 

"Goodbye, sweetie," I kiss Eli on the cheek as he leaves his father's, Phil's, house. I wave "bye" as he runs to his mother's car. I wave at Steph, too, before she drives off with her son and daughter, Vicky. Phil had said goodbye to them before his shower. 

Steph, Phil, and I have a good dynamic going on. Ever since we told her we were dating, she was fully supportive, knowing that she never really had her ex-husband's heart. She has the kids during the week while we have them on the weekends, which works out perfectly since Phil and I work throughout the week. He had convinced me to stop working weekends so I can spend time with him and the kids. I'm just happy they have grown to love me as much as I love them. We also like having the house-which we had bought a year ago-to ourselves after we get home from a long day. We don't have to worry about scarring any children as we, you know, make our way around the house. Let's just say we're very imaginative. 

Phil emerges in only a towel wrapped lowly around his waist. I bite my lip at the sight of his Loverboy tattoo on the front of his right hipbone. I may have gotten rid of the nipple piercing but I may have also gotten a tattoo on the front of my left hipbone; Angel. I squeal as he picks me up, carrying me all the way to the kitchen in the next room until my ass rests on the kitchen island. He kisses me fiercely.  

He pulls away, grinning. "Alone at last," He kisses me again, trying to scrunch up my black midi dress. 

"Phil," I swat his hands away. "Later. You have to get dressed for Alan's father's funeral."

"Ugh," He groans, resting his forehead on my shoulder. He kisses it, "All right. Once the old man's in the ground," He stands up straight, beginning to walk backward. "We're back here and I expect that dress to be gone, angel."

"Whatever you say, loverboy," I chuckle, hopping off of the counter so I can pour us each a cup of coffee. I pick up my phone off the counter when I hear it ring, lifting it to my ear. "Hey, Dougie."

"You guys on your way?" Doug asks on the other end. 

"Yep, Phil's getting dressed, and then we're leaving."

"Has he asked you yet?" I roll my eyes at Doug's question, bringing my cup of coffee to my mouth as I lean back against the counter. 

Almost two months ago, I have been getting none stop questions from Doug on whether or not Phil has proposed yet. I honestly don't know why he wouldn't know before me. I know Phil would tell the wolf pack before asking me. 

"No," I answer the same question for what seems to be the millionth time. "We are in no rush and I like where we are."

"So you don't want to get married?

"I never said that," I tell him. "I'm just not going to expect it anytime soon. It'll happen when it happens."

"Wow, I've never heard you be so patient," Doug remarks. 

"Shut up, dumbass."

"Later, loser." 

~~~~~

I sit in between Phil and Stu at Sid's funeral, Doug, Tracy, and her mother in front of us. We listen to Alan sing, Ave Maria. I'm quite surprised by Alan's voice. 

"My God," Phil leans closer to me. "He's got the voice of an angel."

"I was thinking the same thing," I say at the same time Stu turns his head to us, commenting, "It's breathtaking." 

Phil keeps his hand on my thigh, slyly moving it up. I grab it, forcing it into my hand and pinching him. He winces, eyeing me. I smile sweetly and I can see him rolling his eyes through his shades. Thankfully he lets it be while we finish listening to Alan singing.