Chapter 34

I don't know what I should put here.

Chapter 34: A life without him.

Avoiding him and at the same time moving on is really difficult. Especially that I can see him everyday.

After our talked in the rooftop, I distanced my self from him even though he's deliberately showing that he wants to be near me.

There are times that I almost forgot about moving on and letting my love for him, control me. But thanks to my mind for supporting me against my heart.

I still love him and I think, that love will stay and remain how many years may pass.

Few days before his birthday, I received a phone call from my Mama, saying that Papa is in danger. That he's been admitted in the hospital for almost a week and he's looking for me.

I contacted my Tita Tess and told her about my Papa's condition. I asked her if I could go back to Davao and finish my college there. So after a few days, the papers are done. And I will board the plane on September 8, 5am.

And on September 8, at 2am, the day of his birthday. I left without telling him.

******************

Years had past and eventually, I've learnt to stop thinking of him. However I know my feelings stayed. It was difficult since I've spent my teenage years loving him. But then, I really did my best to resist that love. And continue my life without him.

Still, I am so proud of him. For being one of the most successful Agricultural Engineer. I am so happy when he graduated with flying colors. Getting a job instantly, when he build his own farm  and when he invented lots of farming machineries and equipments.

I continue on supporting him in silence. Celebrating his achievements silently.

Because of him I learned to love from afar and be contented with it. Rem taught me lots of life-learning situations.

Jeremiah helped me realized that there are things in this world that you can have temporarily but not permanently.

Jeremiah S. Chu, whatever may happen. I, Joe Castro will always support and love you.

Please, be happy always.

Rem, you will always be my unreachable Star.