Chapter Ten

* Good to know Shelly survived her first day of training. (The point of it is to keep herself well defended and ready to protect the key.) She still oblivious to what exactly it does. But there's still alot more training and lessons to learn. In this chapter she' going to find a little more about it as she trains with Diablo. Yea Yea she's been shot but what would be better Training and being ready or caught of guard untrained and hurt. Also i've decided that after this book there's going to be a book 2!! But grrr that's enough info or i'll spoil it. Enjoy chapter ten!!*

*Zae_Zae25*

*Shelly's Dream*

I was sleep at my moms hospital bed. I couldn't believe this process was happening all over again and that my mom would die this time. A tear ran down my face and my mom wiped it away causing me to look up from her bed.

''Hey Shelly,'' She said, stroking my face.

''Hey mom,'' I said holding back tears that were forming in my eye's.

''Don't cry sweetie,'' She said wiping away another one. ''Your going to be a fine young woman,'' she said giving off a couple of cough's. She looked at the beeping thing next to her bed. Her heart rate was slowing and she knew she would be gone in at least twenty minutes. I knew what she was thinking and I started out with little sniffles as the flow of tears started.

''I have a present for you,'' she said slowly but painfully taking off her necklace. I flinched at her groans. She took off her necklace that hadn't come off her neck since I was born. She put it around my neck and I just sat there. It felt like she put hundreds of pounds on me and I was struggling to hold it all up. She brought me in for a tight hug and whispered into my ear. ''I don't want you here for that moment,'' she started. I nodded my head taking in what she said. ''This key was my life before you came. My mother gave it to me and now I'm giving it to you.'' I continued to nod. ''But its important for you to never let anyone you don't know get a hold of it, especially the government.'' I nodded confused but agreed. I was only fifteen and this was the most hurtful thing that will ever happen in my life. Watching my mother die before my eyes.

''I love you my child,'' she said before releasing me and giving me a kiss on my forehead. I tried to say it back but all that came was a lip motion. She nodded her head understanding and smiled. ''Now be on your way,'' she said giving me a weak smile. I nodded and turned around. I walked to the door and stopped. I turned around with teary eyes.

''Where will I go,'' I asked realizing I had no where to go. She looked me directly into my eyes.

''Find your father,'' she said flatly. My eyes grew wide as she shooed me away.

I walked out the room and walked down the hallway. One of the agents at the door of my mothers room grabbed my arm.

''Where are you going,'' He asked in a stern voice .

Before I could answer I woke up and sat up faster than lightning. I was breathing crazily as I noticed Diablo was sitting in a corner looking at me. His eye's were slightly watered but he didn't let them build up to much.

''Stop watching me sleep,'' I growled at him, wiping off sweat and clutching my stomach.

''Should calm down before that opens back up,'' he said coming toward me and lifting my shirt slightly enough to see my stomach. He touched it and I smacked his hand away.

''It still hurts,'' I said, smacking more him for watching me sleep. He obviously knew that was more of the reason tho.

He chuckled and went back to the window. "I don't want to talk about it," I said, knowing what was coming next. He shrugged as he sat down .