Chapter 20!!!!!

*Exclamation point for this chapter, saying and meaning that its about to get real, lol. Starts off slow and cool and turns up suddenly. Enjoy it and thanks for reading so far, I'm not done with the book if thats what your thinking.*

*Zae_Zae25*

We all was sitting on the roof of the hotel looking at the night sky. The warmness made everything seem so perfect but we all knew it wasn't. We all chatted and laughed as we looked at the city of Africa. It was an amazing site. I sat next to Diablo and Maria. I took in as much as I can.

Maria's smile and red hair that seemed to glow in the small fire. Nia's chatting away being crazy. Donovan's funny jokes. Grace's joy of just being around us. And Nero's silly act that just never stopped. Nia just wanted to be with us but understood completely that she had to leave.

When it was time for them we all gave each other hugs. I stayed up on the roof as they all left one by one. Jets was still flying threw the sky and I knew what it would be like tomorrow. Maria was the last one to leave. We just sat on the roof starring at each other.

I finally broke the silence. ''Are you OK,'' I asked a little scared of the question. She looked at me. I could tell she wanted to lie but I knew Maria wasn't going to lie before something like this. She sighed and looked out toward the city.

''We've all been together since we were kids,'' Maria started, talking about Nia and all of them. ''We went threw everything together. Stealing, playing, fighting,'' She chuckled. ''If we ever got caught, i'd be the first to say I was the one who did it. Everyone else would admit to after that, not wanting me to take all the blame or punishment.''

I nodded smiling that she was telling me.

''When all our parents died on that ship, we all were put on a small boat together, along with Caesar,'' she sighed. ''I knew we were family after that. But, I was the only to watch my mother be blown away by one of the explosions. I've had nightmare's since and now their just getting worse. Alot of my family is dying and I just want it all to stop,'' Maria said looking at the ground.

I nodded. ''It'll all be over soon,'' I told myself out loud.

''Nothing ever is ever over completely Shelly,'' Maria said. ''It'll keeps on going and going until your either not able to fight back or your gone.''

I nodded understanding. ''Well you just have to keep on fighting then'' I said. Maria shook her head.

''You cant fight forever Shell's,'' she said standing up. I didn't want Maria to leave yet. There was a strong bond that we had. Not stronger than Diablo's but stronger than Nia's. Its probably because she almost killed me, a couple times.

I stood up and looked her in the eye's. ''Well,'' I started. I tried to find the right words. ''This is a fight that we wont lose,'' I said finding them.

''Please don't,'' Maria said giving me a long tight hug. Her hug was the squeezing kind that would crush me instantly, but for this one moment i'd take it.

''Time to go Maria,'' Donovan came back to the roof. A couple more minutes passed before Maria let go of me.

''Please take come back in one piece,'' She said before going back to the door. She took one more look at me and then was gone. I stayed on the roof, my eyes full of tears as I looked at the city.

''We got this Shell's,'' Shay's voice came in.

''I hope we do Shay,'' I said out loud. ''I hope we do. Why do we even have to go threw with this.''

''Because if we don't we'll have a target on our backs for the rest of our lives,'' Sha answered. ''Lets get it over with now.''

I nodded as Diablo came back to the roof. He took a seat next to me as I sat down. ''Are you ready for tomorrow,'' he asked. I nodded slowly. ''We'll get threw this, just us two again,'' he chuckled. I smiled.