Memory lost

Diana stood off to the side with Scott while Lydia sat in the driver's seat of the car from the family whose parents went missing as Stiles went through pretty much every nook and corner he could find, trying to find anything that could help them find the missing adults. Scott was seemingly trying to sniff the air around to see if he could come up with something and Malia had been sent to roam the woods around and, while Lydia tried to get a feel of something, Diana waited, unsure on how she could help at the moment, considering her abilities didn't include tracking missing people just yet.

"Hum..." Lydia hummed suddenly, causing Stiles to bolt up straight in the backseat as he stared at the banshee.

"What?" He asked, sounding almost excited, as Diana sighed.

"This is a perfect shade for me." Lydia mumbled, looking at herself in the mirror as double-checked her makeup. "I forget the name."

"Can we please stay on topic?" Stiles scoffed, exasperated as Diana bit back a laugh at the two of them.

"I'm not getting anything." Lydia said, and Stiles was about to protest when they all stopped for a second as soon as loud howl was heard.

Turning around to the woods, the four of them waited for a second, already too familiar with that sound and Diana reached inside the bag she had brought with her to pull out a change of clothes for her sister who, after killing her mother, had gotten the desert wolf's power to herself, being able now to shift completely into a coyote. Problem was, whenever she did that, her clothes were ripped apart, which meant, whenever she changed back, she was completely naked and, even though she had never seemed bothered by it, Diana and Lydia made a point of always having at least an extra coat for her now.

"I don't think they're dead." Lydia announced, as she climbed out of the car with Stiles, the two of them unfazed by now by Malia as she started putting on the clothes Diana offered her.

"They're dead. Probably torn apart." Malia argued. "The only thing I don't get is why there's no blood."

"They're not dead." Lydia said. "If they were dead, I'd sense it."

"If they were alive, I'd smell it." Malia shrugged.

"Yeah, I'm not getting anything either." Scott spoke up, causing Stiles to snap his head around at his best friend, looking almost offended.

"Scott, what are you talkin' about?" He demanded. "You were in his head for four minutes! I timed it."

"Well, it's not an exact science... And he's a kid." Scott shrugged. "Maybe he's too freaked out to remember?"

"Why does it matter if they're dead?" Malia asked.

"Dead is dead, okay?" Stiles explained. "If it's just a robbery, we can't help them. And, if it's something supernatural, my dad can't help them."

"It sounds like you want it to be supernatural..." Lydia commented, as Diana crossed her arms over her chest and turned to give her boyfriend a look, having had that exact conversation with him about a hundred times already, considering he had been waking her up in the dead of night every other day for the past few weeks.

"It's been, like, three months since anything's happened..." Stiles tried to justify, as Lydia scoffed.

"Yeah, and once a week, you drag me out of bed like I'm some sort of supernatural metal detector!" Lydia squeaked, as Stiles cut his eyes at her.

"Look, it would have been way more often than that if Diana let me call you every time we leave the house in the middle of the night." He said, as if that made it anything better.