Riders on the storm

A/N: The last chapter of this first part of this season is here! An epilogue is coming your way as well, so I hope you enjoy it!

She could see him. Diana knew she could see him and she knew he was trying to get through. Her hand shot out to him, almost in an instinct and she called out to him, the thread around her finger flapping widely with the wind of the rift, but never once even slippinh away from her.

"Stiles! Keep going!" She called. "I can see you, Stiles! Don't stop! Stiles?"

But then, her face dropped, her hand coming down to rest beside her as the rift closed again and Diana looked ahead of her, desperately, waiting for him to appear. Waiting for him to come back and to run to her and pull her in and kiss her. Oh, how much she needed it...

But, instead, nothing happened and, behind her, her friends sent her almost pitiful looks.

"Diana...?" Scott called, as gentle as possible as Diana held back a sob.

"Where is he?" She asked, her eyes still glued to the closed rift, almost as if still hoping for Stiles. "It was working. You saw him, right?"

"We didn't see anyone." Malia said.

"No, he was here." Diana insisted. "I know it. Stiles was here."

"Diana..." Lydia called softly as well, but, just before she could say anything, the door to the armory was pulled open and they all snapped their heads toward it.

"Liam!" Scott said, almost shocked that his beta was still around.

"There's something you need to see." Liam said.

"You're still here..." Scott mumbled, as Liam nodded, just barely.

"But everyone else is gone." He said. "All of them, they're all gone. Look, you have to come with me."

"What is it?"

"I can't explain it." Liam stuttered a little, clearly nervous. "I have to show you."

"Hum... All right." Scott said, turning to look at the girls. "You guys stay here. Just in case."

"In case Stiles comes back?" Malia asked, as Scott nodded.

"If there's any hope, you need to keep trying." He said, walking out with Liam as he closed the door after them.

As soon as they were out, Diana sighed, flopping herself down in a chair nearby as she took off the jacket from her shoulders and reached for her shirt to put it back on before putting on her jacket again.

"I could see him..." She mumbled, as Lydia and Malia exchanged a quiet glance with a mixture of pity and worry before looking back to Diana as she tried not to cry. "He was just there and I know he was coming back. I could feel him... I still can."

"You do?" Malia asked, as Diana sighed, nodding her head.

"I know it sounds crazy..." She said. "But I know he's here. Maybe not here, here, but... Here."

"You can feel him?" Lydia asked.

"I feel... Something." Diana admitted, as Malia nodded.

"That's good enough for me." She decided, moving toward the door as Lydia and Diana turned to look at her.

"What are you doing?" The redhead asked, confused.

"We're gonna go find Stiles." Malia said, as if it was obvious.

"Scott told us to stay in case he shows up here." Diana said.

"Stiles isn't coming here. If he was, he would've, and he hasn't, so he's not." Malia argued, as Diana pouted quietly in agreement. "You still think it worked, right, Dia?"