18-Not so Dead

So how did he know you wanted to find the prison?
________

The walk to the prison was silent as you passed by other members of the smp. Occasionally one or two of them would pause as you walked by, and observe the 'newbie' before continue their work. You did as Fundy had instructed and followed the path until you found the marble house. You followed the path to the right and soon enough the large prison rendered in. It sat partially above land and water, and a smaller hub sat infront of that. The hub was something clearly designed to go with the prison as it had the same color scheme and foreboding presence.

As you approach the prisons hub you could see a large archway welcoming you into the front of it aswell as a large portal inset into the back wall. The portal glowed an unnatural hue, being more of a dark blueish green rather than purple. A button was placed off to the side of the portal aswell as a sign saying 'press here for warden'. You took slow strides to the button before pressing it lightly. A loud buzz echoed around the room before a deep and staticky voice spoke up.

"We aren't taking visitors." His voice was stern as it echoed through the obsidian room. Just before the one sided conversation ended and the buzzer clicked back off you could hear an all too familiar voice distantly shout something.

Tommy?
Your body moved without hesitation as you pressed the button again. The buzzer sounded once more before the warden spoke the same words once again. This time you could hear Tommy's voice closer to the intercom. His sentence was cut short but you could hear him say something about Dream escaping. You pressed again once the buzzer clicked back of. No reply. You frantically pressed the button as buzz after buzz echoed throughout the room. You could feel your body getting warmer as you all but punched the button. A few more presses later and bits of the button had scattered themselves around the room as you pressed the mechanism where the button use to be.

You cursed under your breath as you leaned your head against the wall. Your mind had most likely been playing tricks on you. It wasn't Tommy, it couldn't have been. He was dead. It was just you, your mind, desperately trying to bring him back to life. But he was dead.

A ripple sounded through the portal beside you as you squeezed your eyes shut, head still against the wall. The warden had probably come to make you pay for the damages you had caused, or perhaps even throw you in prison. Maybe he should.You chanced a glance up as you reached for your satchel to pull out any valuables he may want.

You froze as Tommy stared at you from beside the portal. No, this isnt real. You rubbed your eyes, trying to clear the mirage infront of you.

"Y/n?" He spoke far too quietly for himself. This wasn't real. None of this is real. Your brain screamed as your body heat increased. The person, not Tommy, stepped forward. "Why are you here? You shouldn't be near the prison."

The mirage reached out to you as it neared. Now you realized there were two things very different from the real Tommy. A white stripe of hair ran from the base of his scalp near his forehead, and curled up into the rest of the dirty brown lockes on his head. And a his left eye wasn't it's familiar blue hue, now in its place was a dull grey, and a large scar sat around his eye. As the mirage reached out you froze, not bothering to warn it of your heat since it would phase through you anyways.

It's hand reached out and took yours before hissing at the pain and pulling away. The action made you jolt backwards violently as he craddled his hand. "Tommy?"

"What the fuck bro, how did you do that? Why are you so hot? I mean you feel like you've been set alight dude." He laughed gently as you stared into his presumably blind eye.