23-Talk

You were looking forward to talking to them about your future together. It'd be nice to eliminate some of your worries, so hopefully you could do part of that with them.

_________

"It's not my fault you guys were misinformed. Why would you listen to Jack anyways Tubbo?" Tommy laughed loudly from beside you as he finished his sentence. This wasn't the afternoon you had expected, or wanted, but at least you could enjoy an afternoon lunch with your friends.

Tommy was, in fact, at his house when you had arrived. Well, he was building a new house that is. Apparently someone on the server had taken it upon themself to completely redo Tommy's home, much to his dismay. What made the situation even more questionable was the fact that Tommy refused to tell any of you what his house had been remodeled to look like.

Tubbo had apologized to you and Ranboo about the mix-up before telling Tommy to 'piss of' when he started making kissy sounds at yours and Ranboo's arrival. Before the three of you could relocate Tommy had already climbed down from his unfinished roof and was pushing the three of you onto a bench. So here you sat, sandwich halved between you and the racoon shifter, staring into the afternoon sky.

Tubbo looked like he was about to tell Tommy off before the trash panda spoke up again, a more serious look overtaking his features. "So you three huh? You're getting hitched tomorrow right?" He huffed a half laugh.

"Yeah, the service will be at church prime, then we're heading to snowchester." Ranboo spoke between bites of his own sandwich.

"You guys did hear about Karl, Sapnap, and Quackity, right?" Tubbo's hands stilled from where they were playing with the cuff of his sleeve.

"Tommy, that's not us. We'll be fine, we trust each other." Tubbo's voice was stern, his gaze set stubbornly on the horizon beyond the four of you.

"What happened to them is something only they truly know. That's none of our business, but Tubbo's right. We're not like them." Ranboo shook his head as he looked to Tubbo and then to you.

"What happened?" You asked, clearly clueless as you looked between your fiances.

"Karl and Sapnap left Quackity to start their own kingdom." Tommy replied blankly, as Tubbo made a noise of protest from beside him.

You let out a small 'oh' before speaking up again. "What are we going to do after the wedding anyways? Phil said we could have a honeymoon."

Ranboo and Tommy gaped at you for a moment before Tubbo answered you. "Well I was thinking we could talk to Foolish about making a home for the four of us. Then we could live at whoever's house is the biggest until it's finished."

You hummed in agreement as Tommy spoke up "I don't think that's a honeymoon Tubs, y/n/n. At least that's not what big Q told me."

"Phil said a honeymoon was spending time with your significant others, and doing something that makes you happy together. I'd be happy to talk to Foolish about a house, and to move in together because we'd be closer, and we'd be able to spend more time together."

Ranboo looked up at you from where his gaze had been fixed onto the floor since the start of the honeymoon conversation. "Wait, you spoke to Phil too?"

"Yeah. I was kind of panicking about getting married so I asked him about it. Wait, did you speak to Phil too?"

"Yeah, I spoke to Phil too guys it's not that big of a deal." Tubbo butted into the conversation, making yours and Ranboo's gaze meet his.

Tommy let out a loud laugh at your revelation. "You three are getting married tomorrow, and your all taking the advice of one old guy! Oh yeah guys, you're all gonna be just fine"

Tommy jostled you and Tubbo as he shook from laughter. Ranboo's mouth tightened into a thin line, clearly displeased with Tommy's conclusion.

"We shouldn't have talked about this around him." Tubbo spoke, rolling his eyes, as he stood from the bench, wiping his hands of leftover crumbs from his sandwich. "Let's take a walk."

✰*ೃ ✰*ೃ

"Do you think Puffy coordinated our outfits for tomorrow?" You asked absentmindedly, twirling a twig between your fingers.

"I hope so, or else we might look like a prom date gone wrong." Tubbo huffed a laugh at the thought of his own words.

You thought of your outfit for tomorrow. Black and orange swirled your thoughts, followed by plush fabrics and intricate stitches that pulled that same fabric to fit your form perfectly.

"I think we'll all look perfect" you commented as the three of you neared the lmanburg crater.

"I sorta wish lmanburg was still around." Ranboo commented as the three of you took slow steps onto the glass "The new lmanburg I mean" he looks thoughtfully at Tubbo

"It would have been a beautiful place to hold the ceremony." Tubbo agrees as you look down into the darkness below you.

The red vines are barely legible, but you can see them moving, expanding. The thought of them grounds you. You're going to the banquet soon, so there's no need to worry about The Egg. Bad made it clear in his note that this was something meant to bring peace to everyone. It's fine, you convinced yourself as your mind began to mix your nightmares with reality. The nightmare you had was about the in-between, so why did your mind continue to connect them to the egg?

937 words
Sorry for the shorter chapter and abrupt ending dear readers! I recently lost my beta reader(please do not ask about it) so I've had a harder time dealing with that, but I'm still going to continue updating this story even if it takes a bit between uploads.

This chapter marks about half way through the story!! I'm also working on a few stories for the future two of which are happy endings and one that has a very sad ending ;)

Also the votes are in so the voting chapters will be down shortly after this is posted <333