1-Headache

"Karl Jacobs," you spoke in a monotonous voice,"I see you've found my books Karl."

The man infront of you turned around frantically trying to push you away. He had never seen or heard any signs of life in the in-between so naturally, you terrified him. As he reached out to push you away his fingers were caught in your clothes sending him into an even worse frenzie. His eyes began to glow white as he began slowly vanishing

"NO KARL STOP- DONT DO THIS- I CANT-," you managed to scream out before your vision turned to white and the all too familiar sound of static filled your ears.

--------------------

You groaned as you opened your eyes, feeling something hard poking your back. You looked at the clear screen infront of you and the yellow words 'y/u/n has joined the game' shown in the bottom left corner.

You closed out of the screen and sat up collecting yourself. There were walls on either side of you and spruce trees dotted around the small box. Beyond that you could see a building high in the sky. Before you could search the wall for an exit, the familiar, but long forgotten, ring of an incoming call sounded in the earpiece you had thought was broken for years. You clicked the band around your arm opening 'discord' to see that you had been added to the 'DreamSmp'. You opened the chat and scrolled to the first vc seeing that it was the source of this ringning.

Clicking onto the call, someone with a sweet voice spoke to you "Stay at spawn I'll come get you," she said and you could hear her foot steps on the other end of the call.

You didn't respond to what she said but instead waited patiently. Soon enough you could hear the faint footsteps and could see the outline of a their 'nametag'.

"Come to my nametag that's where the exit is," she said kindly and you obliged, carefully stepping over the tree roots on the ground.

As you neared the nametag you could see a hole in the wall and what looked to be a girl, only a bit older than you, quickly typing away in one of the 'discord chats'.

"Hi," she spoke as you hopped through the hole in the wall, "I'm Nihachu, but most people just call me Niki."

"Niki," you repeated shaking your head slowly, allowing her name to roll off your tongue.

"I'm here to give you the tour," Niki said with a smile as she turned and started walking towards the floating building.

"A tour of the 'DreamSmp'?" you questioned. Hopefully that tour would include Karl's home and you could force him to take you back to the in-between.

Mhm she hummed, pausing to open up the chat, "looks like we'll have another tour guide," she smiled back at you.

The ping of someone else joining the call sounded in your ears as a louder voice spoke up, "Hi" they said simply, and above you you could hear leaves rustling and branches crackling.

Crack-

A woman wearing a neon jumpsuit found the ground only a mere few inches away from your feet. She got up, slowly, holding the lower half of her abdomen.

"I'm puffy," she breathed out still trying to collect herself after the wind had been knocked out of her. She extended a hand to you. You extended your hand aswell, meeting for a quick greeting.

Niki looked over puffy observing her for any possible injuries, before looking over to you, "I don't think I caught your name 'y/u/n'," she said reading of your nametag.

"I'm y/n," It had been a while since you had said your own name aloud. Spending so long alone in a lifeless, timeless, area really didn't do you any good mentally speaking. You tapped on your wristband for a moment before your name tag disappeared and Niki did the same.

-------------------
Tiny time skip
-------------------

The three of you neared the portal area. Niki and Puffy laughed ahead of you. "This is where we keep the main nether portal," Puffy spoke looking at you.

You looked at the portal longingly. Since you were half blaze a part of you always longed to stay there, but the human half in you wanted to stay as far away from the nether as possible.

Niki looked at you, eyes narrowed in thought, "y/n you remind me of one of my friends. Are you perhaps half enderman," she questioned, obviously asking due to your not so human height.

"No. I'm part blaze and part human," you said looking down at the blackstone beneath you. You couldn't remember much about your life before the in-between, but you could remember people chastising you for being a "half breed"

"Woah," Puffy said looking over your features

"That explains your height, but you don't look quite like a blaze," Niki said trying not to sound offensive.

You laughed at her words, slightly remembering the makeup you had always put on to hide the golden orange skin you were born with. You hadn't seen your reflection in years, and had assumed the makeup would've rubbed off from the countless nights of tears running down your face. Then again, living in a place where time was frozen your makeup was probably well preserved.

You looked at the girls and asked "do either of you have some water and a cloth?"

"Umm yeah I have a bucket of water and some wool, If that's good," Puffy spoke up taking the items out of her satchel.

'Mhm' you hummed taking the items from puffy and sitting down. You looked into the water and sure enough your reflection still had a fresh coat of makeup. You dipped the cloth into the water feeling the slight burning sensation you had grown used to. You rung the cloth out and started to wipe at your face. The occasional sting and sizzling of water letting you know that area was clean of makeup. The skin on your blazed side looked almost like molten lava, just more golden yellow than red. When you were finished you stood giving the cloth and bucket back to Puffy.

"Wow, your skin is so pretty," Niki said catching you off guard. They didn't ask anything about why you had covered your blazed half, and for that you were thankful.

"Thank you," you said quietly turning to the staircase that lead to a large square building. Though there were many holes in the walls which you assumed were caused by creepers

"One of our friends actually looks a lot like you," Puffy said heading down the stairs, "This building is the community house. I'm rebuilding it right now since Dream blew it up."

"Dream?" You questioned opening the vcs to see if said player was in the 'discord'. Nope. Just you, Puffy, Niki, and two others: Ranboo and Tubbo.

"Yeah Dream is kinda the servers villain. You don't have to worry about him though, he's been locked up," she said heading out one of the doors and walking down a wooden path.

-------------------
Large time skip
-------------------

"Alright well that's about it," Puffy spoke, now out of breath from chasing after a wolf, desperately trying to tame it to no avail, "I acctually need to get going, so I'll see you all later," Puffy stated tapping her bracelet to exit the call before walking away.

"Well I'm still free if you want me to help you build a house," Niki offered, a soft smile on her face, "or we could go chat with Ranboo and Tubbo."

"Yeah I'd like to meet them aswell," you spoke going to type in the in game chat, but Niki had beaten you to it.

Nihachu) vc guys?? :)

Tubbo_) sure
Tubbo_) VC 5 :)

1311words
Here we go