The Monkey Did It

Bea woke up in a cave. A chain was around her ankle. "Hello?" Bea said. "Can anyone hear me?"  no answer. "I hate life right now."  Bea groaned. There was a blood-curdling screech. Bea saw a flying monkey circling her. "Great. I'm going to be monkey food."  Bea said. She grabbed a rock and started hacking at the chain. It was no use. Bea braced herself for death. Then, Bea heard an explosion. Bea opened her eyes slowly. "Who's there?" she asked. "Regina. It's okay."  someone said. Bea looked up. the monkey was dead on the ground. "You got your dad in something, didn't you?"  Bea nodded. "what were you even trying to do?"  Regina asked, waving her hand. the chain disappeared. "I was trying to run away,"  Bea said. Regina's eyes widened. "Then Zelena and her monkey..."  Bea pointed to her neck. Claw marks were embedded in the skin. "You should go to the hospital for that,"  Regina said. "Can't you...magically heal it or something?" "Well Ms.Jones, can't you?"  Bea knit her eyebrows. Did she feel uncomfortable because Regina called her 'Ms. Jones' or the fact that she said 'Can't you?' "I can, but I really don't want to use my magic. Because it's dark." "I don't think that's the only reason,"  Regina said. "It is,"  Bea said. "Now, can you heal me or not?"  Regina shook her head. Bea's neck dripped with blood. "We should really get you to a doctor,"  Regina said. "It's just a-"  "No. Doctor. Now."  

Bea was sitting on a hospital bed, while Dr. Whale was checking the scar. "Wow."  was all he could say. Bea sighed. "Well...you'll definitely have to spend the night."  "Good to know,"  Bea said. "Should I call your fath-" "NO!" Bea said, a little too loudly. Dr. Whale cocked his head. "I mean..."  Bea said. "I don't think he wants to see me." Dr. Whale nodded. "I understand,"  he said. 

Bea refused to sleep anywhere other than the bed that Neal had slept in. Her wound was getting better and the next day Dr. Whale said that Bea could go. And Bea knew where she was going. Somewhere in the woods, where she could relax. She would bring her sword for flying monkeys. She knew that's what would happen.  

The next day, Bea was being shaken awake. "Ouch, ouch, my neck,"  Bea said. "Sorry."  "Henry!"  Bea said. "What are you doing here?"  "I heard about your neck," Henry said. He handed her a package. "I wanted you to have this."  Bea opened up the package and gasped. It was her jean jacket. "You remember?"  Bea asked. Henry cocked his head. "What are you talking about?"  he asked. Bea's heart sank. Henry smiled. "Just kidding, daughter of Captain Hook." Bea smiled. "You remember!"  Bea said. Henry smiled. "I do."