Errands

Right now i am in the middle of the city in Liyue, not sure in the slightest where am i even supposed to go. Childe send me to do some errands of his while he lookes for the artifact or whatever he needs to find. I have managed to get lost at least 4 times and my happines disapeared completely.

I decided to take a short break in a nearby restaurant. I ordered some tea and a small light meal to regain my energy. There was a man who was telling a story about the adepti, I looked around seeing a few people listening as they finished their food and drinks. A particular man cought my attention, dressed in a well designed suit, sipping his tea. He was very handsome but i quickly averted my gaze as it is rude to stare at other people. The story was actually really good and the way the man was telling it made it even more interesting.

After getting my spirits back i asked around on how could i get to Northland Bank as there was something i had to do first. And finally after half an hour i made it there. I walked inside and handed over a letter written by Childe, i didn't know what kind of content was inside but i didn't think much about it. There was still quite a bit of places i had to visit.

My next stop was at the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor. Lucky for me it was close to the Northland Bank, i had to hand in another letter from Childe.

The nice lady from outside let me in but she didn't come with me. As i walked I noticed the same man i saw at the restaurant. He was looking at some papers and picked his head up as i entered.

???: "And what might bring you here miss?"

I took out the letter i was suposed to deliver.

Y/N: "I'm here to deliver a letter to mr. Zhongli."

Zhongli: "That would be me."

I handed him the letter, he looked who has send it and then looked suspiciously at me.

Zhongli: "You don't have a fatui attire so I'm guessing you aren't with them. So who gave you this letter?"

Y/N: "Sorry pheraps i should introduce myself. I'm Y/N and actually i do belong to the fatui. I'm Childe's personal assistant Sir."

Zhongli: "Is that so? I've never heared that Childe had an assistant. Well I'm Zhongli, consultant in the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor and Childe's business partner."

Y/N: "I'm sorry sir but i am running on a tight schedule. It was a pleasure meeting you."

I bowed slightly and left. Ofcourse i didn't have a tight schedule but i would rather not get on a bad side of his. I could feel there was more to him then meets the eye.

After finishing all the tasks i went to get something for dinner. The errands weren't hard but because it was hard for me to move around the city so they took me a lot of time to do. Finding myself in a nearby shop i bought a few matsutakes and meat, i was going to prepare Matsutake Meet Rolls. It was one of the meals i learned from adventurers in Snezhnaya.

As soon as i got back to the hotel i started cooking. It didn't take me long since it wasn't my first time making this dish, i wondered if Childe would like it. I decided to wait for Childe to come back and eat with him since ot was late and i was sure he would be back soon.

I waited for around 3hours and he still hasn't came back, my plate already empty. I sat worried that something might have happened, i couldn't go looking for him because i had no idea where to even look. My best bet was to wait for him to come back, after waiting for so much i fell asleep sitting in the kitchen, my hands and head supported by the table.
--------------------------
Childe pov:

I came back to the hotel late at night, quietly making my way to the bathroom. I cleaned myself off the blood and changed my clothes, tired i went to the bed. I stopped in my tracks after noticing the bed, my emotions going back and forth from angry to worried to shocked.

She isn't here.

Milion of scenarios going through my head i couldn't think clearly.

Did they take her away.

Taking a deep breath i stop myself from doing anything irrational, i go to check the rest of the rooms.

I enter the kitchen the last room i didn't check my heart already racing, i thought i was going crazy and then i see her asleep on the table. My heavy shoulders become light again and my whole body relaxes. I notice the food on the table, she must have waited for long time since it has already gone cold. Sitting down i move the hair from her face and watch it carefully.

Childe: "You look so cute when you sleep..."

I murmur to myself. I carefully pick her up and carry to bed. Laying down beside her i think how i still couldn't believe the way she could make me feel.

886 words