Slow Baby Steps (Hope & Klaus scenes)

Klaus and Hayley talk on the porch. He goes to the garden and paints with his little girl for a while before they decide to go on a walk in the woods. Also, took dialogue from the episode again.

Note: no creepy blue light at the end of their walk, but Klaus still takes her inside to warm up, and they do talk about him protecting her from the "bad people and monsters."

Sorry for the long wait. I wanted to complete several chapters in a row before updating. I like having several done so I can update on a fixed schedule. Hope you enjoy! :)

————————————

After everyone else goes inside, Klaus stays outside with Hayley and watches Keelin interact with Hope at a table in their garden.

Klaus is... angry.

Angry and confused and pissed off because everyone else seems to have no qualms of this- this wolf being around his daughterhis Hope.

Freya was possessive, and Hope sought comfort from her, and he couldn't even count on his brothers and sister to see just how dangerous this werewolf is!

It is in a wolf's blood to kill vampires. And here is the one, weaseling her way into his family! And no one even cares!

"What terrible things did you tell her?"

She knows that he is not accepting of Keelin being here, if the sound of their first meeting earlier, plus the glare he sent the wolf as she followed Hope down the steps, is anything to go by.

However, she would hope he knows she'd never to do anything to jeopardize their daughter's safety. That includes, her allowance of Keelin being here.

Besides, Hope adores her, Freya is quite smitten (and very protective), and Hayley is sure Klaus will see that soon enough.

And after last night... well, she imagines Keelin may become a part of this family, as something other than "just a friend", very soon.

She walks closer to Klaus, sitting on the railing. She can hear Keelin in the distance, talking to Hope, as they get Hope's paints set out.

"I told her you are a hybrid, like me. I told her you were very old..." She shrugs. "Other than that, she's six; we can wait to share the gory details.

But Klaus is unsatisfied. Of course this couldn't go on without him accusing someone of something.

She lets the Mary comment slide, but when he blames Keelin, or rather "that wolf" for Hope's reaction, she cuts in.

"Stop. I've spent 5 years protecting her form everything, including all the horror stories floating around about you. She doesn't know your history; what she does know is you protect your family."

Klaus looks at her, "And yet, she fears me."

"She's a sensitive kid," Hayley sighs. "She can pick up on when someone is angry or upset, and you're not exactly calm right now."

Hayley knows Hope most likely picked up on the tension, and had heard Klaus yelling just moments before she opened the door. She was feeling very nervous to begin with, which is why Hayley called for Keelin, and that on top of hearing him yell made it worse.

This isn't about Hope being afraid of him, though. This is about Klaus being stubborn and paranoid.

He still looks uneasy, and she steps closer, trying to convince him. "You were her fairytale prince, Klaus, and now you're real. She just needs a moment to adjust to everyone being here."