Bonding Time pt. 2 (Hope & Rebekah)

Summary: Next up is Hope and Rebekah's time together. The girls do a spa days – medi/pedis and Hope eagerly tells Rebekah all about Keelin.

Happy New Years! I have six chapters prewritten so hopefully now I can work on completing chapters for Temporary Home. 💚

————————————

Hope gets a bath to wash off the mud and creek water. She has a new dress on, a pink, purple, blue patterned with pink leggings. Her hair is freshly washed/dried with a hair-headband braid.

"Woah."

Once that is finished, she comes outside to a surprise on the porch.

On the porch, they have set up two buckets in front of two of the chairs, with warm, soapy water in each one. Beside the chair, a table is organized with different colored nail polish, and other medi-pedi supplies.

It is a miniature spa set-up scene.

It is what she picked as her one-on-one time with Rebekah.

Rebekah is waiting on her, along with Keelin, and Freya, who will use magic to make the soapy water bubble up.

"You like it?" Rebekah asks, and Keelin presses her lips together to smother the smirk. She gets the feeling there is not much that makes this family nervous, and of all things to make the Mikaelson sister jittery, it has to be a six-year-old.

"Yeah!" Hope goes straight to the table with the nail polish. "Can I pick out a color I want?"

"Of course." Keelin answers. "You can pick out as many as you; we're going to paint your toes and your fingers."

Rebekah walks closer to her nice, bending down beside her. She flickers her eyes up; Keelin is leaning against the outside wall of the house.

The wolf gives a minute nod of her head, and Rebekah reaches out to Hope. She tucks a wayward strand of hair behind her ear, as she asks,

"What color are you thinking of choosing, love?"

"Um. I like purple." Hope says. "It's my favorite color. But I like blue, too." Hope brushes her fingers across Rebekah's forehead, "like your eyes... and mine."

"You do have very pretty blue eyes," Bekah agrees, trailing her own fingertips over Hope's cheek and poking her nose, making the little girl grin. "They are just a bit lighter than mine."

Hope nods. "Yeah. Mama says they match Daddy's eyes." She pauses. "So... I have blue eyes like you and Daddy?" She seems to be thinking about something, eyes flitting around, from Keelin to Freya, then back to Rebekah.

After a moment, she settles on, "Mama doesn't have freckles like I do... does Daddy?"

Bekah tilts her head, thinking, "Hm... No, your daddy doesn't have freckles. But I do."

It's true; Rebekah is quite a beauty. Blue eyes, blonde hair, freckles... little dimples also. They definitely run in the family.

"So, I get my freckles from you?" Hope asks. She fidgets with the bottle of light blue polish, rolling the little jar between her hands.

"Well..." Rebekah adjusts and sits down. "Yes, genetics do play a role in whether a child has freckles."

"Gee-net-ics... That means the DNA that... someone gets from their family... like their mom and dad."

Rebekah is taken aback, though, she realizes, she probably should not be. They do not know if Hope attended school in the last five years, either preschool or kindergarten — although, it was probably safer for her not to — but Hayley still had enough time to teach her things, so many things, and whatever she wanted.