28 | Unexpected Tandem •

📖 THE CRIMSON HOST 📖

|| Unexpected Tandem ||

'EHAAN'

Even before the sun rises, I am already awake and currently getting myself ready because today, I will be going downtown to continue what I had started last Friday– the placement of my arcane seals around the Sierra including the nearby areas of downtown.

Scattering and placement of arcane seals was the only way I could think of to serve as my detector and to alert me in case the real owners of the cursed power that I am also looking for came here to the North.

In the letter sent by father, it was stated there that apart from the momentary awakening of the dormant power residing in the body of the Host, they also felt the arrival of the Evockers here on the Mainland. They warned me to prepare myself and not to let my guard down.

So far, I have not yet felt their presence here in the North, proof that they are not here yet. However, I can't be complacent so I still need to prepare using arcane seals and hasten the search for the Host of the cursed power of the Evockers– the Abyssal Heart.

I must find the Host at all cost and bring him or her back to our Island before the Evockers can find him or her because when they are the first to find the Host, not only our Island but the whole world will be placed in eternal darkness. The centuries of the sacrifice of our clan will only be wasted when the Evockers have their heart back in their hands.

Although I'm not sure about the exact location where the Host is located and what his or her identity is, I know that he or she resides here in the North of the Mainland.

So even though it seemed impossible due to the extent of the entire North, patuloy pa rin ako sa paglalagay ng arcane seals sa mas malalayong lugar para mas lumawak pa ang coverage ng aking detection.

Mas malawak ang sakop; mas handa.

Matapos maligo ay nagbihis na kaagad ako. Instead of the red uniform of our university, what I am wearing now is a simple printed black shirt and jeans paired with black sneakers.

When I came out of my room the whole floor was still very quiet.

Maaga pa naman kasi, siguro ay six in the morning pa lang kaya wala pang naglalakad-lakad na estudyante sa buong hallway kundi ako lang.

And since today is Saturday, there's no loud alarm to wake us up just like every weekday to get up early and not be late for class. Everyone is enjoying the long hours of rest.

I was about to turn into the stairway to go down when someone suddenly called me. I turned to see Rie peeking through the door of his room.

"Good morning, Friendship. Why so early bird naman? At naka-bihis ka rin. Saan ang rampa mo? May booking ka ba now? Ha-harvat ka na naman 'no?" Rie's questions that I don't understand.