45 | The 60th Orb: Fintan's Labyrinth •

📖 THE CRIMSON HOST 📖

|| The 60th Orb: Fintan's Labyrinth ||

Ayumu Cabrera, the Combat Education professor and program adviser for the Special Weirdo Course, is currently focusing on the huge screens inside the surveillance room.

He was just smiling while listening and sensing the mixed shouts of their students who were now all falling from the dark void after he opened the 60th orb.

Although visually impaired, Ayumu knows what is happening to their students now. Every movement of them, whether big or small, even their breathing, he feels it all sharply.

He also accompanies subject teachers of the Transfiguration, Spell and Weirdo Courses. Together with seven other class C professors in different fields of magic, they will watch the performance of their students for their first examination in their first year. 

"The 60th orb, the brand new terrain in the 'Orbs of Planes'. This is the first time I'm gonna see what kind of dimensional plane that orb contained!" said one of the eight and the oldest Professor inside the surveillance room, Professor Doromal Aranguiz, the Spell Master of the Sierra. 

"So do I," Transfiguration professor of class C, Temari Guanzon agreed. "It's also the first time I'm gonna see the terrain of the 60th orb. Class C is lucky and I'm sure they'll be happy when they find out they're the first to set foot on that brand new terrain."

“It was the Headmaster himself who suggested using that terrain for today’s examination,” Ayumu Cabrera said respectfully, his attention focused only on the screen.

"I didn't hesitate and was worried about letting the students use the terrain for the first time because I have a huge trust in the Headmaster. Aside from that, the terrain has undergone a thorough evaluation and test run several times so it is definitely safe to use, especially since the Headmaster himself supervises each of its test runs."

Without protest, the seven professors who were with him nodded at what he said. Like him, there is no concern that they feel even now that the terrain will be used for the first time.

If there’s anything they’re feeling right now, it’s nothing but excitement for two things. First, on what kind of dimensional plane or terrain awaits class C and the second is for class C itself, excitement to witness their performance for their first practical examination.

The reason why the professors are so excited about the terrain is that according to the info they have read before regarding the terrains of Sierra's Sphere, the 60th orb is the most impressive because the terrain itself can provide sets of activities for those who step on it.

In other words, the professors have no idea of what style of activity the terrain will give today, however, before the examination commences, the orb goes through calibration to set the activity that it will provide that is suitable for an exam so somehow the activity is still related. 

This is also the reason why Ayumu Cabrera could not provide any information regarding the examination activity because even he himself has no idea so he knows that their students are also wondering why they did not explain anything about their exam. 

And it didn't take long for them to witness the terrain and start the exam, after only a few moments of waiting, nineteen students of class C finally spawned on the terrain.

The professors' faces were in awe, as was the reaction of their students who were currently observing the terrain with bewilderment, and so was theirs.

"Wow! I... I didn't expect that," said the program advisor of the Mind Weirdo Course. "The Headmaster and the recreational team seem to have worked so well for that terrain."