Chapter 14 - I'm The Stupid Girl In The Horror Movie

"I know the answer to that one," Sam said in a whisper. The whole class was so silent, even a drop of a pen could be heard. The teacher was roaming around the classroom, watching each of us closely.

       "What is it?" I whispered back, not tearing my eyes off the teacher. It'd be annoying if we get caught.

       "Rods and cones," he replied. I quickly scribbled it down before the teacher saw me leaning my back against my chair a bit too suspiciously. Sam sat behind me.

     And yes, if nobody figured it out yet, we were currently taking a quiz. And I was cheating. Not proud of it, but I need to do it to pass Biology. I hate Biology.

     A few more minutes later, the time was up, and we passed our papers. Before we left the room, I gratefully smiled at Sam, bumping fists with him on the process.

       "Thanks so much. I forgot there was a quiz today."

     He returned my smile. "Me too. I was just copying Luke's answers. It's him we should be thanking."

     Luke was my classmate since grade school, and he was really smart. When I spotted him leaving the classroom, I waved my hand at him a bit too excitedly. "Luke! Thanks man!"

     He looked surprised and confused, but waved back at me anyway. Sam chuckled at my actions. I sent him a questioning look.

       "Actually, he wasn't aware that I was copying his answers." A playful grin spread across his face. I burst into a fit of laughter when I realized how stupid I just looked.

       "Awesome," I said.

     We grabbed our things and went off to our next class. I seriously don't know what happened. I think we kinda hit it off. Sam's actually really cool. I wonder why I didn't notice him before.

     Now I feel really bad for hitting him before.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

     Lunch. My favorite subject in school. I was already at our usual table, eating. Man was I hungry.

     Leo and Nichole were arguing about who should pay for their lunches today, and Brandon was silently eating beside me.

     I sighed, with my mouth still full, and interrupted the lovers. "Why don't you guys just pay for your food separately?"

       "No," Nichole firmly rejected my suggestion. "I always pay for our food. It's only fair that he should pay for mine today."

       "What do you mean?" Leo complained. "I paid yesterday!"

       "For the drinks, babe! The drinks that were practically free because it was a combo meal which I paid for!"

       "Uuugh," I groaned. They always fight over the stupidest things. I ignored them as I continued to eat.

     Brandon laughed. "Aren't couples really silly?"

     It took me a few seconds to reply to that. I don't know. "Yeah."

     As I slowly chewed my food, I caught Sam from the corner of my eye. He was with his friends, laughing their way to the table in front of us. He saw me too, and then we exchanged smiles.

     I can't explain how light this feeling is. Being friendly is actually satisfying. I should really do this more often.

       "You two seem okay," Nichole said. I glanced up and saw her sitting down, the irritation on her face slowly fading. Leo was already gone so I guess she managed to get him to buy their lunches for today.