Chapter 28 - I'm A Huge Potato Of Negativity

One of the best feelings in life is taking off really tight bra after a long day.

In case some of you get any ideas, I'm already back in my room. Brandon and I talked a bit after dinner, watched a movie in his room, and then he drove me home.

That's it.

Now I'm not dismissing the fact that we had a heated session before dinner, but just so you know, that session ended abruptly with my stomach imitating the sound of a barfing bulldog.

I was wrong. I needed the chicken before my potato. Sorry.

So yeah. He laughed and we both ate dinner. Then fast forward, I'm back in my room, dancing around naked because my boobs were finally free.

As soon as I washed up and changed into my pyjamas, Nichole barged in my room. I wasn't surprised to see her, but I was surprised when she suddenly pulled me into a hug.

"Umm?" I mumbled unsurely. She was hugging me so tight. She let out a short wail.

"Are you okay now? Are you still hurting? Do you need anything?"

It took me a fraction of a second to realize what she was saying. She meant my encounter with my dad yesterday. Knowing my best friend, she must've felt horrible the whole time I was out.

I offered her a reassuring smile before giving her an extra hug to show how relieved I am to have her. "I'm okay. Brandon was there. Mom talked to me. You and Leo are here. I'm perfectly fine."

We broke the hug and I concealed a gasp when I saw how her eyes were glassy with tears. She quickly wiped her face with the back of her hand before laughing. "Sorry. I was pretty useless. Brandon and I fought about who should take you out and cheer you up when you woke up. He put up a really big fight."

I smiled, feeling giddy. But then I forced my lips into a thin line because I shouldn't feel so happy when my best friend looked so miserable.

"Really? You two fought? Wow. Why am I not surprised?" I said. Nichole giggled before punching my shoulder.

"Yeah. Rock-paper-scissors. He had two out of three wins."

This time, I burst out laughing. It was ridiculous but sweet at the same time. Nichole rolled her eyes at my laughing fit, but she was laughing as well.

"Leo proposed that game. Ain't he the peacemaker." She defended herself. And then she sent me a small smile. "But are you sure you're okay now? Did Brandon cheer you up?"

I'm glad they're so worried about me, but I don't want to be treated like I'm gonna break any second. They know I'm tougher than that. But since it's about my dad this time, I get why they're all so flustered.

"Yup." I smiled, a bit too widely. Before I could hide the huge grin on my face, Nichole raised a brow at me.

"I see. Did you tell him already?"

She meant if I confessed to him already. I shook my head slowly. "No. I'm just waiting for the right time. I'm still hoping he'll tell me first though. To tell you the truth, me confessing to him... I think I'm getting way ahead of myself."

She gave me a look I couldn't decipher and then sighed. "Well, whatever. Just know I'm always here okay? Call me if you need an extra hand in beating up some jerk who'll break your heart, I'll be of assistance."

We exchanged ridiculous grins to cool the tension a bit. I always feel at ease whenever we have these conversations. I don't know. I'm just so grateful I have such an amazing best friend. She hugged me again before heading for the door. "G'night."