Chapter 40 - I, Potato, Make My Grand Exit

| Damn it Mira! He locked me out! How could he do that after everything I've done?! Tell him to open up! |

I snorted as I read Leo's text. Brandon was actually serious when he said he was gonna kick Leo out of the apartment just so we can be alone in our uh, sleepover, as he liked to call it.

| Quit whining. You can sleep in our apartment tonight. I'm going out anyway.|

I didn't even need to say that. I already knew that was his alternative.

| You two planned this, didn't you?! Didn't you?! |

I rolled my eyes. My best friend is hysterical.

He didn't even wait for a reply because he sent another one after that.

| Just thinking about all the things you're gonna do is making me lose my appetite! Promise me Mira, just not the couch, or my room, or the kitchen counter, or the bathroom. |

My eyes were bulging out of their sockets as I furiously sent a reply.

| Wtf Leo! You think we're gonna shoot a porno?! |

| I left a box of protection in the bathroom. You can never be too safe. |

| Leo damn it! We're just gonna watch a movie! |

| But you're gonna sleep over right? And you two are gonna wear those weird pyjamas? |

| Yeah, so? |

| Just do it in his room and we'll pretend this conversation never happened. |

| I hate you. |

I groaned before throwing my phone on my bed. He is ridiculous. Just because I'm gonna sleep over doesn't mean we're gonna do it.

And the couch? His room? The kitchen counter? The bathroom? I mean, what did he think? That we'd screw around the apartment in eighty minutes? What were we, animals?

"What're you so stressed about this time?" I heard Nichole come in. She sat beside me on my bed as she took her phone out.

"Your boyfriend," I scoffed. "He's ridiculous."

"I know." She sighed. Of course she did. "But forget about him. Tonight's your big date right? Be happy!"

A small smile crept on my face, forgetting about Leo's stupid texts for a minute. That's right. Tonight's going to be our first real date.

Unable to express my joy in a completely normal way, I slammed my back on my bed while taking my best friend down with me. I was giggling like a total girl.

Maybe because I am a girl. I forget sometimes.

Kidding.

"Look at you so excited," she struggled to break free from my hug. Not a chance woman. "I'm so happy you're not in denial anymore. Now let go."

"No." I said, tightening the hug. She squealed unhappily.

"Save it for later. My shirt's gonna get all crinkled!"

I paused. I just noticed how nice she looked. Oh.

"You going out?" I asked, releasing her.

"Yeah," she replied, fixing her shirt and glancing at her phone "Leo's picking me up in a bit. We're gonna stay out of your way this time."

I rolled my eyes so hard, I saw my brain. And was surprised to see I actually had one. After all this time.