Chapter 10 - Horror and Spice

"Uh-huh. Mm." Leo mumbled while nodding his head. His hands were folded against his chest; his legs crossed while sitting on the edge of Brandon's bed.

     It took quite some time to explain to my best friends what actually happened. Leo was the hardest to convince.

       "You were sitting on him Mira. Sitting on him. Do you understand what you just did?" Leo scolded. I sighed heavily. "You're lucky Brandon didn't attack you. You know how much of a manslut he is."

     I snorted a bit too loudly before I burst into a fit of chuckles. Nichole followed after me. Leo was being serious, but what he said was just hilarious.

      "Hi, I'm awake." Brandon mumbled. He was still lying on his bed, his tone dripping with annoyance. Thankfully he was wearing a shirt now, Leo helped him take off his jeans earlier.

     I secretly took a photo of that precious scene. I will never live this one down.

     Leo shot him a look. "Stop feigning sickness. You planned this, didn't you?"

     I snorted. Leo was acting like my dad right now. Better than my dad actually, because my dad was a lying bastard.

       "I'm not!" Brandon whined, sitting up - barely. "I'm really sick!"

       "Sure you are," Leo said, not at all convinced.

       "Whatever man. I told you I'm sick. We joined a burger-eating contest earlier, and the last round had jalapeños on them." He shuddered from the memory, the color on his face drained.

     Leo looked at me and silently asked for my confirmation; I nodded. The judgemental look on his face slowly softened into a concerned one. He sighed before running his hand over his face. He was such a drama queen sometimes."You okay?"

     Brandon groaned quietly. "I threw up most of what I ate. And the burning sensation on my tongue is gone too. I just wanna take a nap."

     Leo shook his head like he understood why. I didn't get it. All this, after just a few spicy burgers? Why was his body reacting like this? It makes no sense at all.

       "Well, get some rest now. We'll be outside," Nichole said as she made her way out the door, pulling my arm so we'd go together. I glanced over my shoulder and saw Leo quietly talking with Brandon.

     I'm so curious. So curious.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

     I sat comfortably on Leo's sofa. His room was a lot like Brandon's, only messier. I had a hard time finding the sofa since it was concealed by a pile of clothes and some unidentified objects.

     We've been hanging out here for two or three hours already. I'm dying of boredom.

     Nichole cleaned up parts of the mess; Leo didn't seem to care. I glared at him, hoping he'd notice. Why the hell does he keep his room messy if Nichole occasionally comes to visit?

       "I don't get it," Nichole broke the silence among us. "Why's Brandon so weak against spices? I get that he isn't fond of them. But isn't he just exaggerating to get Mira's attention?"

     My brows rose immediately. "How'd you come up with that conclusion?"

     Nichole shot me a look, as if she knew I was playing innocent. I wasn't.  I didn't understand at all so she shrugged it off and waved an airy hand. "It's so obvious that he likes you."