Chapter 33

After taking a shower, Mina went out of her bathroom. She's expecting to see Chaeyoung reading a book or atleast that's what she wants to see but to her dismay, Chaeyoung is already sleeping on the bed.

The younger girl have been giving her a cold shoulder since she arrived from her therapy. She wants to know what happened, she wants to ask Chaeyoung how her day went. She sat on the other side of the bed, she doesn't just want to ask about her day. Mina also wants to tell Chaeyoung how her day went as well.

"Why didn't you wait for me, Chaeng?" She mumbled under her breath. "I bought you strawberry milk, you know? A lot."

"How was your day, Chaengie? You didn't tell me what happened. You didn't tell me where you went.. Did you had fun today with Jeong?" Mina continued looking and talking at Chaeyoung as if the latter is awake. "I hope you had fun.."

Mina carefully laid down on the bed, and before she can close her eyes, her phone started ringing.

"Oh. Lisa?" she said, answering the call. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah! Sorry, did I wake you up Mina-ya?"

"No. I was just about to sleep." Mina smiled, she glanced at Chaeyoung to check if the latter is still sleeping. "What's up?"

"Oh, yeah. I think I forgot my beanie in your house.. Did you see it?"

"Beanie? Oh, yes. Tzuyu found it awhile back."

"Oh. Thank God!"  Lisa exclaimed, "So see you tomorrow, yeah?"

"Tomorrow?" Mina repeated, making sure she heard Lisa correctly. "What about tomorrow?"

"My beanie, Mina-ya." Lisa laughed, "I'll see you tomorrow at tge café near the hospital, okay?"

"Oh. Right. Ofcourse. I'll bring it there." Mina answered. "See you tomorrow, Lisa. Good night."

Mina immediately get up after the call ended, she checked their living area where Tzuyu put Lisa's beanie. She wants to put it near her to remind her about her meeting with Lisa.

When Mina got out of the room, Chaeyoung let out a long sigh after pretending to be asleep the whole time. She don't know why she pretended to be sleeping. She actually waited for Mina to finish but then the latter's phone rang and she saw Lisa's name on the screen. She felt as if her heart has been snapped out of her chest.

Chaeyoung wanted to tell Mina what happened to her this day, but she changed her mind thinking telling to Mina about her day, would ruin the latter's happy one.

Chaeyoung doesn't want that. Mina has done a lot for her. The latter deserve to atleast have a day without worrying about Chaeyoung.

When morning came, Chaeyoung woke up with the smell of breakfast from the dining room, making her  stomach growl.

"Oh, you're up." Mina greeted, "Let's eat?"

Chaeyoung just gave Mina a smile before sitting on a chair across the taller girl.

"You look hungry." Mina chuckled. "Haven't you and Jeong eat last night?"

Chaeyoung didn't say a word, not because she don't want to talk but because her mouth is still full so she just shook her head in response.

"What? You didn't eat?" Mina asked worriedly, "What did you two do yesterday then?"

Chaeyoung is having hard time swallowing her food so Mina gave her a glass of water.

"Thanks." Chaeyoung finally said, "No. We ate. I'm just really hungry."

"How was your therapy yesterday?" Mina asked, slicing the sausage on her plate without leaving her gaze at Chaeyoung. "I'm sorry I'm not the one who picked you up."

"Huh? Why are you sorry?" Chaeyoung laughed nervously. "You had things to do. Besides, I was the one who told you to go so no need to be sorry."

Mina just kept quiet. Chaeyoung haven't answered her questions yet. About what Jeongyeon and her did. About how her therapy went. She feels like Chaeyoung doesn't want her to know.

"Lisa was here last night, right?" Chaeyoung asked, even though she knows the answer just to break the silence.

Mina for some reason hesitated to answer. She doesn't know why. "Y-yes. I met her at the hospital when I was about to go to the store." she said, and is now focused on her plate. Avoiding Chaeyoung's gaze. "She helped me with the groceries."

"Oh." Chaeyoung hummed quietly. She suddenly regret that she brought the topic.

"Ahm. Jeongyeon and Nayeon would be here later." Mina informed, "I asked them, I hope you don't mind."

"Of course I don't mind it." Chaeyoung smiled. "But why?"

"Oh, Lisa forgot her beanie last night." Mina replied, "I'll meet with her later to give it back."

Chaeyoung felt like her heart was just smashed. She shouldn't feel this way. They're not together. Mina's not hers. Atleast not anymore. And the latter is free to do and meet anyone she wants. And Chaeyoung have to support her just like how Mina supports her to be better.

"Oh. Okay." Chaeyoung forced a smile. "Say hi to her for me then."

Mina looked up to see Chaeyoung's face. She's smiling, and Mina felt relieved. Relieved that Chaeyoung doesn't mind. Stupid. She cursed herself underneath her breath. Ofcourse Chaeyoung wouldn't mind her seeing Lisa. Why would she? They're not together anymore. And that realization puts Mina's smile away. Because inside her there's this tiny little spot hoping that Chaeyoung and her could still be together. But it seems that's not going to happen.

"And have fun, okay?" Chaeyoung added, "Take your time and don't worry about me. I'll ask Jeongyeon unnie and Nayeon to go to the mall or amusement park, I missed hanging out with Nayeon anyways."

See? Stupid. Mina thought to herself. Chaeyoung doesn't care if you go out with Lisa. Well, it's not like it's a date or something. She'll just return Lisa's beanie. So she remind herself that there's no reason for her to feel guilty seeing Lisa. It won't matter to Chaeyoung anyway, she told herself.

"I will." Mina smiled. Little did Chaeyoung know, just like the smile she gave a while ago. This smile Mina gave her is also forced. Concealing the disappointment she's feeling. "Thank you."