iii. letters and lies

· · ─────── · · ─────── · ·

· · ─────── · ༒ · ─────── · ·CHAPTER THREE❝ Letters and Lies ❞

· · ─────── · · ─────── · ·
CHAPTER THREE
Letters and Lies

Within the following week, Aurora had gotten along well with Luna, who wrote to her constantly which made Aurora quite happy to know that someone was always there to talk to her. Within the short time that they got to know each other, Luna had already sent Aurora a flower crown, which was made from the wildflowers she had picked up on the way home from the village last week. According to Luna, her father had placed a charm over it which would allow the flowers to live much longer than they are anticipated for.

Aurora had also practically spent her time writing back and forth to the Weasley twins. It was merely after they personally showed up at her backyard out of the blue in concern for their friend. Aurora had forgotten they were of age and were allowed to do magic outside school.

As Aurora hung up her wet paintings to dry on the clothesline in the backyard, Fred and George apparated to her backyard. Due to the surprise and loud crack of apparition, she had accidentally thrown the papers into the air and had them messed up when they landed on the ground.

"I see someone is doing a lot better!" Fred shouted from across the yard. His hands were on his hips as a grin spread on his face.

"Sorry, Rory, we didn't mean to scare you," George said as he rushed over to Aurora, giving her a hand with the paintings.

Aurora thanked him but didn't bother putting them up to dry like the few ones she had already put up. "What are you two doing here? Especially at this hour of the day, it's only five in the morning. I wasn't informed that you'd be stopping by. I wasn't even sure Fred could be up at such an early hour."

"Thank George, he was the one who got me out of bed," Fred told her, already standing with them. "We wouldn't be here if you could take the time out of your day to answer our letters. We're all worried sick about you. Ron and Ginny won't shut up about you. Although Mum did tell us that you were busy, neither of us believed her. So, George and I wanted to make sure you weren't locked up in your bedroom still moping about what happened — Not that you aren't allowed to, but you should be living a little."

Aurora let out a small laugh as she shook her head. "You all wrote letters to me?" she asked in disbelief. "Am I really supposed to believe that?" she glanced between the two gingers in front of her. "I've not received any letters from either of you, not Ron or Ginny either. That also includes Hermione and Harry. I did write to you all the other week hoping it was some misunderstanding, and it probably is. Maybe your letters got lost somewhere. I didn't necessarily send them by owl this time."