21 - Surprise Surprise

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
-Dr.Seuss

~*~

Park Chaeyoung

Park Chaeyoung

I rubbed my eyes as I smiled in victory of completion of book I was writing. I was writing a book in which I combined all the memories I had with Jungkook with my perspective. It would be like the compilation of our love story. I named the chapters after the song lyrics Jungkook sings to me often and also named the book taking inspiration from the book Fault in our stars- renaming it to be "The halt in our hearts".Ending the book with a loving love letter. The deciding factor was probably my inability to express myself in person as I'd often lose words or get flustered or just shy, decided to pin down all memories from my perspective.

His birthday was tomorrow, my thoughts filled with anxiety yet excitement about the plans I had for the day ahead. All our friends had assured me that this was an amazing idea and the day planned was beyond beautiful and I should be more confident with Yoongi oppa insinuating he'd kill Jungkook if he doesn't like this.

But the anxiety never subsided. As I watched the pages getting printed, I decided to just go over the outfit I'd be wearing as I go surprise Jungkook at 12 am. It was still 9pm. So I had 3 hours more. I had preplanned my outfit so I knew what I was going to wear. As I packed my bag with essentials and extra clothes, shyness crept up on me. I was surprising him with a two day trip at a beach house. But I was going to reveal it to him only tomorrow morning. I packed almost all the swimwear I had as my decision making skills had tossed themselves out the window. Placing my bag in the living room, I ran back to my room doing a quick binding for the book. Arranging the gift bag with the book, chocolates, his favourite snacks and drinks along with a red hoodie I bought for him as a gift in hope of adding some colour to his closet, the big gift bag was also ready now.

Rushing to get ready myself, took my time getting ready. Feeling proud of my reflection, I ran my hand through my golden locks. Feeling a little self conscious now that the time was quickly approaching.

I walked out the room to see Lisa grinning

"Girl are you planning on giving the guy a heart attack tonight." She looked amused and shocked. "If I wasn't straight I'd totally hit on you."

"I think you still do even when you are." I grinned back at her.

"No but seriously Chae. Did you pick your best lingerie, he's not going to keep his hands off you for next three days."

"Lisa!"

"What it's true. You're doing this ultra grand romantic gesture, taking him on trip, going to his apartment dressed like that he's either gonna pass out or doing something I would preferably not know or imagine." She raised her hand making a gagging expression.

"Stop." I was blushing furiously at this point.

She laughed but nevertheless dropped it. "Are you ready? I'll drive you there. The guys will bring him home exactly around 12, with them giving him the driving duty so he won't be drinking tonight. They'd leave him alone at home to be picked up by Jisoo's driver as they'd be crashing there for the night. Did I get the plan right?"

"Yes. I do feel guilty for stealing him from them though."

"They legit handed him to you. Told you to have fun as he'd the happiest with you."

I smiled at the memory.

"So don't feel bad. You can repay us by getting us coffee for a day or two."

"Deal." I laughed.

As Lisa drove me to Jungkook's apartment my anxiety started to peak. I shook my legs against the car seat with increasing pace as we got closer. Lisa had to shake me to alert me that we had indeed reached.

"Calm down it's all good. We'd collectively all come to beat him up if he doesn't cry or pass out ok?"

I gave her a unsure nod. She's helped me up with the bags. Helped me setup the balloons and candles in his room. The guy had moved into a two story house which belonged to Jin oppa's family which gave them the advantage of having their own room.

As I setup the room with flowers and candles that I had hidden in Yoongi oppa's room which might've annoyed him but one look from Jennie shut his Hajima scream in the middle.

"This low-key looks like a honeymoon suite not gonna lie." Lisa looked around the now completely decorated room in awe.

"Oh god. Did I overdo it? Let's remove it all. Oh no-"

"Calm down please I meant it in a good way. Sorry I made you panic my chipmunk. It looks beautiful. I'm jealous."

I breathed out momentarily still not calmed down completely.

"Ok it's 11:45 I'll run now. Get some bestie."

I almost threw something at Lisa as she ran out the room laughing.

****

Interesting chapters coming soon<3 Until then lemme know what y'all think.

Vote for Rosé for MAMA awards. Let's get her in top 10. Our girl deserves the best. Also stream Otg and Gone.

Toodles babies:*