Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Bobby spun me around so fast I became dizzy. My knees gave out on me, and I was about to fall to the ground. But Bobby had his muscular arms around my waist holding me up. My heart was fluttering. He took the weight off my legs so I could get them back under me. What was he thinking? What would happen if Robert saw this boy holding me? As quickly as I could I regained my composure and stood on my own feet with my own strength.

"Bobby what are you doing, I don't know you, and I already told you I'm waiting for my mate". I told with the link, all the while not being able to take my eyes off his I couldn't help but stare, he was beautiful.

"Penny, don't you feel that? Don't you feel what we have? Why were you avoiding looking at me in class"? He said out loud but quietly so only I could hear him.

"For your information I was not looking at any of the boys, I was just talking to them and I have no idea what you are talking about, feel what?" I said back to him.

"Well, I do forgive you, you are new, and I know you are still learning how to use your new senses. But you can tell can't you"? He asked me. What in the world is this boy going on about?

"Come walk with me, we have the same class for third period". Bobby was glaring at me with questioning eyes. I walked with him. But I watched his every movement. He linked his arm around mine. I tried to move my arm, but he locked it in place, keeping me by his side. He gave me a sideways smile and continued walking. Our next class was all the way across the school. As we walked, he continued to talk to me with our arms linked. I hoped Robert didn't see me with this guy I didn't want to give my mate the wrong ideas. I kept scanning the crowd of students, keeping an eye out for Robert.

"Must we walk arm in arm. I hear guys are totally possessive of their mates. And I would hate for you to get hurt. Even though you are bold, as I have already told you, No". I said again through our link. He smiled at me. How dare he be so bold? How was I being so bold. I've never even talk to a guy this long before.

"Do you know the name of your mate"? He asked me.

"Yes, I do, it was one thing my father did tell me. I met him the night he introduced my brother and I to the pack. Why"? I questioned him.

"Wow I'm surprised your father gave that information to you, I thought he would keep all a secret". Bobby questioned me more. "Do you remember what color were Roberts's eyes were"? I paused and looked up to him. Wait I never said my dad told me his name was Robert, how did he know his name?

As I thought of him in wolf form remembering is eyes and how beautiful they were. I looked into Bobbies eyes. "They were like milk chocolate candies". I told him. Realizing his was the same milk chocolate. "Much like your eyes are". I told him with my eyebrows quirked up.

"Really they are. Don't you think that's interesting"? He replied to me with a cocky grin on his face. Suddenly I stopped in my tracks. How could I be so naive? Bobby is short for the name Robert. Holy crap, I just made a huge dork of myself. This was not how I wanted to meet my mate. I looked up at him and he smiled down at me. This was so embarrassing. We were alone in the hallway now.

My cheeks flushed red, and I was so embarrassed. He leaned down to my level lowering his head to mine. It was all in slow motion but fast at the same time. His lips met mine. Sparks went off, my skin had the same tingling from that first night I met him. His lips were so warm and tasted of fresh minty toothpaste. He just gave me my first kiss. I was not prepared for this.

He started to lean back from my face. I was reluctant to do so I wanted more; I wanted this to last all day. I wasn't willing to let go yet. I felt like I needed more of him. Is this what it felt like to meet your soulmate?