Chapter 42

Chapter 42

*Alpha Carter*

"Bobby Id like for you to come with me to the basement to talk to your mother." I told him. "Joann and Heather will stay with Penny." Jacob also went with us to observe Trudy.

"Your mother blames Penny and Jacob for your father's death. Maybe you can tell her how you feel, and she might change her mind. If she keeps up with her thoughts, there is nothing I can do. Law is law. She attempted to murder my daughter." I was angry.

Down in the basement outside the silver room we gathered around the window that showed us Trudy. She was asleep in the chair that sat in the middle of the room. She was still in the silver handcuffs. Her head hung down and her hair covered her face. I instructed Bobby to just talk to her and find out her reasoning behind this.

"Mom it's me Bobby, I'm here now." He waited for her to answer. She slowly woke up, lifting her head higher shaking her hair from hanging in her face, trying to get it out of her way.

"Hello Bobby, how was your day?" She asked him like nothing had happened. "Did that girl drink enough coffee to kill herself, I hoped I added enough?" she chided. Bobby inwardly cringed and his anger rippled. I placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Mother how dare you? That is my mate you speak of. I love her." He declared. Jacob and I stood and watched this interaction. Jacob was angry his fists were clinched at his sides.

"That girl is no good for you. They are the reason you were raised without a father; doesn't that mean anything to you?" she spat back.

"My father's death was an accident, and you know that. Anything can happen especially when you're a Beta. He knew the risk as a soldier." He retorted. "I never once blamed anyone for his death my entire life. Penny is my soulmate she was destined to me by the Moon Goddess herself. She had nothing to do with it. She wasn't even born yet when dad went looking for the birthmother." Bobby said.

"If that women were never carrying those abominations, he would have never been sent on that mission to find her." She cried out.

"Mother how dare you; I love her with all my heart, she's my other half." Jacob cried back.

'Ask her how she knew so much about the surrogate. It was kept highly secret.' I linked to Bobby. He nodded his head in acknowledgement.

"Mom, how did you find out he was looking for a surrogate, did father tell you before he left?" He asked her.

"No." she laughed hysterically. "He only told me he was leaving on a mission, then never came home."

"Then how did you find out it was the babies he was looking for?" Bobby asked.

"Someone told me it was all their fault and said they could help me get even." She admitted.

'Ask her who it was, find out what ever you can.' I commanded Bobby.

'Yes Sir, anything to keep my mate safe, even though she's my mother my love for Penny is greater.' He stated through clinched teeth and I believed him.

"Mom, can you tell me how you found out, who helped you, and where did you get the wolfsbane from?" He calmy asked her.

Trudy began to laugh maniacally, just lifted her head up and laughed. "There is nothing you can do, he will succeed. He will capture them and take all their secrets. He will use them." She continued to laugh. Jacob ran back upstairs linking me in the process.

'I'm not letting her out of my sight.' Jacob said in desperation heading back to the infirmary. I could tell Bobby wanted to bolt as well. To protect Penny from whatever his mother was talking about. But I gave him an order to stay. Find out who she was talking about.

"Mom who was it?" Bobby coolly asked his mother.

"The Good Doctor Alfred." She screamed out. Then she promptly dropped her head and passed out from the combination of silver and lack of food and water. It's been over 12 hours since she had either. I allowed Bobby to leave the basement and be with Penny. I set another guard to stand outside the silver cell and ordered David to have his men on high alert around the house. Since Roberts death I had David as my new Beta.

As I walked upstairs, I thought we should pretend things were normal after Penny recovered to draw out the good Doctor Alfred as Trudy had called him. Also, anyone working with him. There was no way he was working alone. I also needed to find out what use he could have for the twins why were they so important? We also never considered any powers Jacob might have; all the focus has been on Penny. But I know he needs them both, I just don't know why.

Once upstairs I announced to Bobby, his mother would be sentenced to death in a week. He gave me a curt nod and turned towards my daughter's hospital bed. He laid back down on her bed and took her closer to him. Resting is nose in her hair. I knew he was upset, angry, sad even. But he was good at holding his true feeling back. I can't let this kind of treason get by. I must keep control there will be no threat in my pack towards my own pack.

Jacob went to his room with Heather once Bobby came back up from the basement. I looked over at my wife and could see the torment in my wife's eyes. She was worried for her children.