Chapter 25

Chapter 25

After art class with Mrs. Ruiz as our teacher I was ready for the day to end. I was so tired of Angels new attitude, and most of all I was tired of talking it was making my head hurt. I never had to have so many conversations my brain was not used to this. I have never used my link so much in one day with so many people. I found out later in art class Mrs. Ruiz didn't bother waking Cody for sleeping in class. Turns out she is a member of our pack, and she knew Cody. Not sure how she knows him, but I think she his aunt or something.

After art class was lunch, and I was starving. Mom had put money on mine and Jacobs's accounts, so we can buy lunch each day. Lunch time was the first time I got to see Jacob since this morning. I didn't even see him in the halls between classes.

I stood in line with Bobby behind me holding me. He had his arm wrapped around my waist. Kind of protective like. Rubbing small circles with his thumb on the small of my back. Even though we just met during second period I felt as though I knew him my entire life. So, the closeness just seemed natural. I also enjoyed it. It made me feel loved and special.

Jacob strolled up to me cutting in line. He stood next to me about to say something when Bobby pushed me behind him as if he was guarding me from my twin. Jacob raised his eyebrows and looked like he was about to punch Bobby. He had his hand in a fist. I moved fast and I jumped in front of Bobby and held my hands up in a plea to stay calm. I quickly told Bobby that this was my brother my twin and told Jacob that I found my mate.

"Jacob this is my mate Bobby, I met him this morning." I quickly said then turned to Bobby and said, "This is my twin, Jacob." I hoped I dodged a bullet this time. I had no idea how possessive a mate could be. I knew Jacob was very possessive. But Bobby smiled and looked relieved. He probably thought Jacob was going to try and take me from him. Bobby gave Jacob a nod of his head in acknowledgment.

"Well, welcome to the family Bobby, you better treat my sister right or you will have to deal with me before our father and I'm sure you would know how that would turn out." Jacob told Bobby with a straight face.

"I thought you would be freaked out or at the least be upset that I have a mate"? I asked Jacob. I moved up in line taking a tray and adding a salad and some apple juice.

"No, Dad already had a talk with me. He told me to behave so I will. But it doesn't stop me from threatening the dude". Jacob smirked at me and raised his eyebrows up and down teasing me. He added a cheeseburger and chocolate milk to my tray. The milk reminded me of Bobby's eyes. I looked up to him and I could not help but smile. He also added a cheeseburger to the tray as well as a yogurt cup and a bottle of water.

We gave the lunch lady our account numbers and headed over to a table. Angel had walked off with the other Y boys after art class so while she was gone, I gave Jacob the run down on how she's been acting since I had met Bobby. How she first acted excited then was getting all sassy to downright mean to me. Jacob thought maybe she was jealous of me or something. I was sitting between Jacob and Bobby when Kris from first period came over.

"Hey Kris with a K how are you. I missed you". I said jokingly towards him. I felt Bobby and Jacob squeeze in closer to me, squeezing me like a sandwich. I shoved both back some to give me some breathing room and told them he was a friend and the first person I talked to in first period and how I made him fall out of his chair trying out the new pack link on him.

I looked and Jacob and said "Jacob, you know I don't make friends easy so be nice, he was the first nice person to talk to me today". Then turned to Bobby and tried to tell him the same thing. But we were so new to each other I didn't know how to have a boyfriend or a mate and a guy friend. Having friends in general was all new to me. I thought to myself for a moment, I know Bobby and I are mates, but does that make us automatically boyfriend and girlfriend. I wasn't sure how this worked. Do we just jump into this or what? Does he consider me his girlfriend? Bobby kept one hand on my thigh as he ate his lunch. It was like an anchor.