Chapter One

George

"I still don't get why this school even exists," Karl said. "I mean, come on, it's practically in the forest and it's scary as hell. All the halls are dark and I refuse to go alone down the really scary ones."

Quackity shoved Karl over, slightly, but enough to make him stumble. "We can also blame our parents for making us come here."

George joined in, "At least we're seniors and we'll be gone next year!"

The anothers hummed.

Currently, they were walking down the school halls, there were still five to ten minutes until school started, and they were bored. So, they decided it would be a good idea to just lag around the hallways until the bell rang.

"You guys want to go to the cafe afterwards? We can race there, but if someone gets a speeding ticket then they're immediately in last place," Sapnap said, grinning.

"Okay, yeah, if you guys want, we can. But, seriously, you're just saying that because both me and Quackity got speeding tickets and you still came in last place," Dream teased, ruffling Sapnap's raven hair.

"Fuck off," he grumbled.

"You can't blame lil Dreamy over here for bullying you," Karl said, wrapping an around around Sapnap's shoulders, "because that's honestly just disappointing."

"Both of you may kindly fuck off," he mumbled.

George laughed, pleased with the pout sitting on Sapnap's face. That day had been hilarious. Karl had gotten first place--because he knew a shortcut the others didn't know about, Dream got second, George got third, Quackity got fourth, and Sapnap got last.

"But can that be a rule now?" Sapnap asked.

George rolled his eyes. "Fine, but don't come crying to us because you somehow ended up with a ticket after you made the rule."

When the friends erupted into laughter, George grinned victoriously at the look on Sapnap's face.

The bell rung. Dream sighed, "Off to classes we go, I guess. Same spot at lunch?"

They nodded and split off, sort of.

Sapnap, Dream, and George all had the same first class while Quackity had his own and Karl had his own. So, the three of them headed to english, steps dragging along the tile floor.

Who could blame them?

English sucked.

Once they walked through the door, George wasn't surprised to see no teacher sitting on the desk, the english teacher was always late.

They all went to their seats. George and Dream were across the classroom, but since the desks were facing each other, they could see the other person's face perfectly fine, and it led to a lot of mischievous laughter and glares from the teacher.

Sapnap sat only a few desks away from him, and oh, the games they would play to get the teacher all pissed off were too perfect to tell.

Five minutes after the bell rung, no teacher came in. Ten minutes later, George was about to just get up and go, but the door suddenly opens and the teacher doesn't step in, another lady does.

She's short, old, gray hair, and full-on mean looking.

"I'm so sorry class, you're teacher won't be in for the next two or three days, there were a few inconviniences but she should be back in no time," the sub said. "In the mean time, I'll be teaching you. You guys can call me Mrs. Clarkson."

George sighed. The trio's usual fun and games won't be happening, but he was sure they could make something up.

A girl inbetween George and Sapnap raised her hand and opened her mouth, but was interrupted by Mrs. Clarkson. "Ah, no talking, I want you guys to read the eight pages your teacher left me and afterwards, you can work with friends."

"Eight?" Sapnap whispered, loud enough for George to hear. "We always do three to five."

George shrugged and thanked the same girl who brought his row books and opened to the first page, this was going to be dreadful.

After a long, drawed out time, George beckoned Dream over and Sapnap scooted over so Dream was inbetween them and the three of them began working on the questions.

"What the hell?" Dream muttered. "None of these questions match up with the book--or... or they're just worded weirdly."

Sapnap frowned. "Yeah, you're right. Plus, I don't even think she's doing what our teacher planned, I bet you that. Honestly, I don't even like her, seems like a bitch."

As they slowly figured out the answers, a chill kept finding its way to George's spin, crawling up and down. Whenever George looked up, Mrs. Clarkson was glaring at them, and it looked like it was specifically him.

He shook it off and the three of them managed to finish with ten minutes left. He slid low in his seat, legs spread out underneath and hoodie over his head as he looked on his phone, bored.

Finally, class was over and the three jumped up excitedly, glad to get english over with. As they began making their way out the door, Mrs. Clarkson said, "George? Davidson? Could I please talk to you for a quick second?"

What? What did he ever do?

He frowned and looked at both Sapnap and Dream. "Go ahead, I'll see you guys at lunch."

They frowned as well before turning and disappearing through the door.

George walked over to the desk, tilting his head in a mockery, as if he were truly concerned. "Yes?"

Mrs. Clarkson, sat back in her seat, looking up at him. "I've noticed throughout the class period that, that you're wearing eyeliner--"

This is what she called him over for? What the fuck. Why should she care?

"--truly would look better if it were only for our young ladies. I cannot do anything about it, but it is my suggestion."

Oh hell no. He wasn't going to deal with this with this old hag.

But, he only forced a smile. "Of course, I'll think about it. Have a nice day."

Without waiting to see if she wanted anything else, George walked out of the classroom, muttering incoherent things under his breath with brows furrowed.

He checked his phone as he sped to his next class, annoyed that he was going to get yelled at because he was late. On his phone was a text from Dream, asking if everything was olay.

He smiled and texted back that he would tell him either during lunch or after school.

Now, back to the eyeliner situation.

Yes, he was wearing eyeliner, and what was that hag going to do about it? Nothing. But, he's been wearing it since junior year, when he told a lot of his friends that he was gay.

None of them truly cared, it was all cool and it wouldn't affect anything. But, it sort of grew and a lot more people found out. He was never truly bullied but there were some glares and looks thrown at him from time to time.

But, the real problem was:

He was falling for his best friend.

Straight best friend.

Dream.