walk you to class

a/n: i thought this little side book would be cute since i introduced jaxon and shawn on the middle of their relationship (((: this way you get to see them grow together from the very beginning

**

Jaxon was sitting on the bus, his leg bouncing up and down. He didn't ride with his sisters, as Crystal was 12 and in middle school and Jessica was 14 and a freshman.

He didn't like the bus. People were rude and spoke way too loud for his liking.

He always sat in the seat behind the bus driver. He knew this way, no one would ever speak to him in such a way. They'd get written up.

The bus stop and starts unloading the kids off the bus. Jaxon was usually always the first off, or, the girl who sat across from him.

Jaxon walks down the steps and sighs. He loved school, and he loved learning. But he hated high school.

People were jerks and even though he thought bullying was one of those cliche movie topics, it actually happened to him.

Well, used to.

A week ago, Shawn Rick-Williams had stepped in and helped him. Most people knew not to mess with him. Some were afraid of him.

Jaxon walks into the school, going directly to his locker.

Mia, his best friend skips over a smile on her face. "Good morning!"

Jaxon smiles at her and grabs a textbook out of his locker. "Morning."

Gavin suddenly appears. They had only been to this new school for a month and Gavin and Mia were already dating.

"Hey, babe." Gavin leans down and kisses Mia. "Morning."

Shawn then appears as well. Those two did pretty much everything together.

Jaxon glances at him before looking down at his feet. They'd already met and shared an intimate moment together after Shawn stepped in during a fight.

Not a fight, actually. Five guys that hated Jaxon decided to jump him.

Gavin daps up Shawn. "See you at lunch, bro."

"Aight."

Mia smiles and grabs Jaxon's hand. "See you in math. Love you."

"You too," Jaxon smiles softly and watches as they walk away.

Shawn tilts his head at Jaxon. "Hey."

Jaxon looks up at him and smiles. "Uh...hi."

"How you holding up?"

Jaxon blushes and shrugs his shoulders. "I'm alright."

"Those guys haven't messed with you again, have they?"

Jaxon shakes his head. "No, no they haven't. Thank you again. You really didn't have to do that."

Shawn shrugs and smiles. "It was fun."

The bell rings and Shawn groans. He hated school but hated being in class even more. Jaxon smiles and waves. "See you around."

Shawn nods his head and watches as he starts to walk away. He quickly shakes his head and jogs to catch up with him. "Lemme walk you."

Jaxon glances at him. "That's not necessary."

Shawn snatches Jaxon's textbook and smiles. "Oh Woah. You're taking college algebra? As a sophomore?"

Jaxon shrugs. "Teacher took me out of regular. Plus I'll have college credit already."

Shawn raises his eyebrows. "Boring."

Jaxon blushes and reaches over to grab the textbook back. "Sorry. I don't mean to be."

Shawn chuckles and crosses his arms. "It was a joke. Attempted humor. It's cool you're smart."

Jaxon smiles and looks up. "This is where I need to be. Are you gonna be late?"

Shawn shrugs. "Don't know. Don't really care. Have fun in class, nerd."

Jaxon laughs and nods his head. "Okay. I'll try."

**