lunch?

"We always eat lunch together?" Shawn crosses his arms as he leans against his locker.

"I know but...Mia wants us to go out today. You have friends, Shawn. I'm sure you can find someone."

"Seriously? You've known Mia for like a month. I still don't understand why you guys are already dating."

Gavin scoffs. "Chill. The world is not fucking ending. It's one day. Maybe you should swing by your crib and take a shot of something strong."

The bell rings and Gavin walks away.

Shawn rolls his eyes and looks around for Jaxon. He forgot to go find him before the bell rang to take him to class. He stops him quickly as he towers over most people in high school.

Shawn reaches out and pulls Jaxon's backpack. Jaxon groans and rolls his eyes as he catches his balance. "I hate when you do that." Jaxon turns around and pushes on Shawn's shoulder.

Shawn chuckles. "I know. That's why I did it."

Jaxon smiles and fixes his backpack. "What's up?"

"Walking you to class. Duh." He snatches the textbook from Jaxon's hands.

"Not excited," Jaxon sighs, "Huge test today. I was up till two studying."

"Oh gross. Haven't done that in a while."

Jaxon rolls his eyes. "You need to work on that, Shawn. After this year that stuff is gonna start to matter. Junior and senior year are crucial."

"Okay academic counselor."

Jaxon smiles and nudges Shawn with his elbow. "You're so mean." He reaches out to grab his textbook back.

Shawn licks his lips and smiles. Jaxon waves at him. "Bye. Don't be late again. I'll see you later."

"Sure," Shawn clears his throat. "Aye, wanna grab lunch with me?"

Jaxon's eyes widen. "Really? I thought you always ate with Gavin."

Shawn shrugs his shoulders. "Not today. Wanna go with you. Yes?"

"Uh, sure." Jaxon shrugs.

"Cool. Meet me at my car. It's the black BMW in student parking."

"Okay." Jaxon blushes before waving at him. "Bye."

**
Jaxon starts walking out to the student parking section. He looks around for Shawn's car.

"Yo, nerd!"

Jaxon turns his head to see Shawn leaning against his car. He smiles at him and walks over to him. "Hi."

"Hey. Where do you wanna go for lunch?"

Jaxon crosses his arms around his body and shrugs. "Uhm. Whatever is easier for you. I don't mind anything."

Shawn squints his eyes. "I asked you."

"I know. But...You pick."

Shawn hums and stands up, walking over to the passenger's side. "Get in the car, Butler."

Jaxon smiles softly and gets into the passenger's seat. "Thank you."

Shawn does a small jog over to the driver's seat. He sits down, starting the car. "Seat warmer?"

Jaxon simply shakes his head. "No, I'm okay."

Shawn leans back in his seat and sighs. "Okay. Ima ask you again. Where you wanna go?"

Jaxon frowns. "Shawn. I really don't know. I'm indecisive and I don't mind."

Shawn nods his head. "Okay," Shawn shifts in his seat, "Can I play music?"

"Sure."

Shawn nods and clicks on a playlist on his phone. Suddenly, very loud rap music begins to play through the speakers.

He was one of those guys. Those guys who blast their music with their windows down.

Jaxon furrows his brows and reaches over to turn the music down. "I'm sorry...Can I turn it down?"

Shawn chuckles. "Don't like my music?"

"Didn't say that. It's just loud."

Shawn begins to back up out of the parking lot and shakes his head. "Jeez, I don't know how to loosen you up."

Jaxon raises his eyebrows. "What?"

"You're so...Literal. Trust me, I'm just joking. And also...It'll take a lot to offend me. No need to take everything seriously."

"I know I just...I don't know." Jaxon glances out the window.

Shawn glances over at him before backing to the road. "It's cool, Jaxon. We're friends," Shawn playfully punches Jaxon on the shoulder.

**
Shawn walks back to the tables with both drinks for them. He places a water in front of Jaxon.

Jaxon smiles. "Thank you."

A waitress walks over with both of their plates. Shawn got a gross-looking burger while Jaxon got a chicken sandwich.

They thank her and she walks away leaving them to dine.

Jaxon cringes as he notices tomatoes and onions sticking out of his sandwich.

Shawn looks up at him. "What's wrong."

Jaxon takes the top bun off. "I hate tomatoes. And onions."

Shawn furrows his brows and reaches over to take them off. He tilts his head back and shoves them in his mouth. "Mm."

"You really like that stuff?"

Shawn nods. "Mhm. Good as fuck. Why don't you?"

Jaxon shrugs and places the bun back on top. "I don't like the texture. And tomatoes are nasty. I don't like ketchup."

Shawn widens his eyes. "You don't like ketchup? It's like the most staple condiment!"

Jaxon giggles and shrugs. "It's so vinegary. It's not tasty."

Shawn rolls his eyes. "Ah god. Lemme know everything you hate so I can write it down every time we go to eat."

"It's a long list. I'll make you a map."

"A map?"

"Mhm."

"Meaning what?"

"It's more complicated than just me not liking things. I don't like burgers cause of the meat but I'll eat spaghetti, which literally has the same meat."

Shawn raises his eyebrows and sits back in his seat. "Seriously?"

"I'm being dead serious. You can ask Mia."

"That's funny."

The pair eats in comfortable silence. Jaxon takes another sip of his water before sitting up. "Uhm...Can I go to the bathroom before we leave?"

"Sure. Want me to go with you?"

Jaxon shakes his head. "Uh, that's fine. You could just wait in the car."

"Alright."

Jaxon smiles as he scurries off to the bathroom.

**