is this a date?

"Ugh. I hate being home sometimes."

Shawn watches as Jaxon slams the car door shut, tossing his backpack to the backseat. "Care to explain?"

"No. Too tired." Jaxon leans his head back against the seat.

"How about some coffee? Are you hungry?"

"Uh, sure. Can we like...Miss first period and go get some food, please?"

"Don't have to tell me twice. You not worried about the whole...Parents things?"

"I'll just ask Mia to talk to the teacher. I'm passing with an A-plus I'm sure she'd let me skip."

Shawn chuckles and nods. "Cool."

**
Once they arrived at a local diner, Jaxon was staring down the menu for a good few seconds before setting it down. "I know exactly what I want."

Shawn smiles and sets his menu down. "Me too. I'm hungry as fuck."

"You're so vulgar."

Shawn rolls his eyes and leans back in his seat. He crosses his arms. "Maybe you're just a prude."

"Oh, whatever." Jaxon feels his phone vibrate in his pocket and reaches to grab it. He looks up at Shawn and smiles. "I was excused. Thank god."

Shawn chuckles and shakes his head. "Exactly you being a prude. You seriously had to get your attendance cleared?"

"Yes! My parents would kill me."

"Really?"

"Yes. They're the worst. The last thing I need right now is them asking why I cut class."

Shawn hums and licks his lips. "So. Would this be considered a date?"

Jaxon looks up at Shawn and blushes. He shrugs his shoulders. "I-I don't know."

"Well...From my internal dictionary, A date is when two people interested in each other go out."

Jaxon smiles. "It's just two friends getting food."

"Oh...So what you're saying is you're not interested in me?"

"Okay, well...I didn't exactly say that.."

**
Shawn parks his car in his self-proclaimed spot. "Aight. You finna get to class?"

Jaxon furrows his brows and looks over at Shawn. "Mhm. Aren't...you?" He grabs his books off the dashboard.

"Nah. Gotta go do some shit. That's cool with you?"

Jaxon shrugs. "I guess. Can't really force you."

Shawn chuckles and leans back in his seat. "You're so passive." He grabs Jaxon's hand and kisses it. "Have fun in class, nerd."

Jaxon blushes and gets out of the car. "You're still gonna pick me up, right? Please don't make me take the bus."

"Of course, princess. I'll take you back to your sweet little castle. Now go before you're late."

Jaxon smiles and waves. "Okay. Bye. Thank you for breakfast."

*
Jaxon walks out of the bathroom, simply wiping his mouth and fixing his hair. He watches as Mia jogs over to him before grabbing his arm to walk with him.

"Skipping class? That's crazy, Jax. It's like you're becoming a different person."

"It was just for breakfast. I was starving and my mom was giving me shit all morning."

"I'm just teasing, babe. I think it's cute you and him are going out. Still, amazed that Shawn is gay?

Jaxon rolls his eyes. "Moment of weakness. I just didn't wanna be known to have a crush on a straight guy."