i feel so alone

"Okay. Bye." Jaxon hangs up the phone. He was on a call with his dad in which he got in trouble for finding nail polish hidden under some clothes in his laundry basket.

Jaxon takes a deep breath and closes his locker. He knows he can easily lie and say it's one of his sisters. It's just the fact that his dad was so upset about it.

Jaxon jumps when Shawn hits his locker. "Hey, nerd. Ready for class?"

Jaxon nods his head, pulling his sleeve down to wipe his tears. "Yeah."

Shawn furrows his brows and leans down to get a clear view of his face. "What's going on with you? You alright?"

Jaxon finally looks up at Shawn and shrugs. "Can we go somewhere? Like...Private?" Jaxon looks around.

"Yeah." Shawn reaches down and grabs Jaxon's hand. They walk through the school, going down to one of the coach's office.

Shawn knocks on the door. "Ayo. Coach P?"

Coach Pakimpsky opens the door, crossing his arms. "Rick-Williams? What's up, kid?"

"Aye, can we borrow your office for like...Twenty minutes?"

The coach chuckles and points at Shawn. "Come here for a second."

Shawn looks back at Jaxon and smiles before walking away. Shawn crosses his arms. "Wassup?"

"You quittin' on me? You haven't shown up to practice for days."

Shawn shrugs his shoulders. "Dads back in town."

Coach P sighs. "I'm sorry, kid. You sure you don't want me to call any-."

"Nah, it's cool. I'm fine. He'll be gone by Sunday. He's just here to get some of his shit together and...I'll be fine."

"Okay, fine. Office. Twenty minutes. And no funny business, go it?"

Shawn nods and turns around. He waves Jaxon in. "Come on."

**
Jaxon sits in the coach's chair while Shawn sat on top of the table. "So what's up?"

Jaxon shrugs his shoulders. "Nothing. It's dumb, I guess. I bought some nail polish when I was out with Mia and...My dad found it and he's just got...So angry at me."

Shawn frowns at him. "I'm sorry."

"I-I mean if he can't stand the fact that there was a bottle of nail polish in my room...How am I ever gonna be able to come out to him? I'm never gonna be free."

Shawn gets up from the table, grabbing another chair to sit closer to Jaxon. "Hey. You can't think like that."

"Why not?" Jaxon looks up at Shawn, his face red. "What if that wasn't even mine? He got so upset for nothing."

"I-I know but...Things could change, Jaxon. You can't feel like that. Gotta look for the positive."

"How? I-I feel like I'm so alone," Jaxon lets more tears fall before wiping his nose. Shawn looks down at his arm, frowning at the fresh cuts.

Jaxon notices too and fixes the sleeve on his hoodie. "I try to talk to Mia about it and she just...Tells me to get it over with. To just figure it out."

"Well, she won't understand."

"I feel like no one does."

"I do," Shawn smiles at him. "Been there. I remember the feeling."

Jaxon looks up at Shawn. "How did you? Come out to your parents?"

Shawn blushes. He's failed to mention his family situation to Jaxon. He wanted to separate him from that.

"I kind of just did it. I was tired of hiding, I guess. I actually came out to Gavin first. Best friend always comes first."

Jaxon laughs and nods. "Yeah. I told Mia first."

Shawn reaches down to grab Jaxon's hand. "You just gotta be patient. I know it sucks and it feels lonely but...You found me. I can be your experienced gay friend who walks you through the steps."

Jaxon nods and looks down at Shawn's hand. He gulps and pulls his hand away. "Yeah."

Shawn clears his throat and pulls away as well. "How about lunch? Will that take your mind off of it?"

Jaxon nods and wipes his face. "Oh, yeah. Sure."

Coach Pakimpsky knocks on the door. "Hey, kid! You need to get to class!"'

Shawn stands up from the chair, grabbing his bag. He slides it over his back and reaches out for Jaxon's hand. "Come on."

**