To the top

Chapter 7:

Izuku Midoriya's Pov:

I looked for Uraraka just before my match with Todoroki was starting. I looked in the Class 1-A waiting room to see Uraraka, who's been balling her eyes out.

"oh, Deku... Guess I lost huh."

Huh? She's, happy?

"Are you alright Uraraka?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I'm fine and all. You're versing Todoroki next. So shouldn't you go?" Uraraka said. I know she's not fine.

"Okay, tell me for real. Are you really fine?" I asked once again.

"Well..." a tear shed down her right eye. "No, I'm not." she stated. "I couldn't even land any good hits on Bakugo and his Quilava." 

"Hey, you did good out there." I said. "Not many people are able to make it this far. You should be proud of that. Seeing you sad, also makes me sad." I said. She smiled a bit and was no longer crying.

"Thanks Deku" She went in for a big hug. Which I gladly accepted, by hugging her back.

I let the room, walking out to the arena as my match was going to begin. But, turning the corner, I face

"Endeavor!" I screamed

"Ah, you must be Midoriya, Shoto's next opponent." he said.

"Yes, I am sir" I said.

"Okay, you know. Your fighting style. It's like All might, isn't it." Endeavor said, which caught me off guard.

"Oh, I never really thought of it in that way." I said stuttering.

"It's Shoto's duty to surpass All might, that's how I trained him." he said. Todoroki never like speaking of his father, nor does he use the Pokemon that his dad gifted to him. They must have a bad relationship. 

"So, hit him hard. Don't put shame on you or him. Push him." He said as he was about to leave.

"Endeavor, no. I'm not like All might. And Todoroki, he may be your son, but he isn't you." I said looking back

We both parted ways as I exited from inside to out. There, I saw Todoroki walking up on stage through the other side of the field.

"Now, take your places and send out your first Pokemon" Midnight said.

The first round consisted of using two Pokemon instead of just one.

"Okay, Riolu, let's start this out." I said while throwing out Riolu.

"Rio!" He cheered.

"Ninetales, come on out." Todorki said as he released his Alolan Ninetales.

"Now, may the match begin!" To start off, I went with an immediate swords dance and raise our attack.

"Ice beam Ninetales." Todoroki said. His Ninetales shot out a freezing beam.

"Vacuum wave" I called out. Riolu counter the ice beam, leading to an explosion.

"Ninetales, hit them with a dazzling gleam." Said todoroki. A glittering light was let out in a sphere motion.

"Riolu, copycat" I said.

"Rio!" Riolu said as he counter his dazzling gleam to Todoroki's.

"We need to dodge quicker, Ninetales use hail!"

"Ninetales!" It shouted. Todoroki's Ninetales must have the ability snow cloak.

"Ice beam again." Todoroki said.