Chapter 3

"Each children is a different kind of flower. Together, they make this world a beautiful garden."

Maureen turned her head to the two cribs when she heard movement and small whines come from the children. They were waking up, and it was time to feed them.

As she tip toed carefully as she opened some dimmed lights, she first approached the crib that held Natalie, the girl of the set. Beautiful eyes with long lashes gazed back at her, one of her finger already in her mouth.

Her legs moved about, and her hands flicked up and down when her eyes registered a woman looking over her crib, she was excited. And hungry.

"Hi, sweet girl." she cooed, reaching her hand to take a hold of the child's, gently reprimanding her. A quiet ′ewow′ was Natalie's reply. There was no hesitation or fear from her, it was as if she knew Maureen for a long time. She trusted her immediately.

"Don't suck on your finger, sweet girl"

Constant finger sucking would affect the way their teeth would grow and give children an open bite, as well as affect their future speech. In some cases, finger sucking can also cause skin allergies around their lips and hands. It would be advisable to not let them constantly suck their little fingers.

Natalie's chubby cheeks almost made Maureen take a hold of it and pinch, maybe even bite. She turned her attention to the other crib when she heard a sniffle, a start of a cry for children.

Uh-oh.

Quickly, she looked over to Nikki's crib and took hold of him before he could start fuzzing. Crying this early in the morning would drain all his energy.

It was when he felt the softness and warmth of her chest that Nikki calmed down, registering that someone was with them in the room and not alone. His head remained laying on her shoulder, sniffles coming out of him.

Maureen noticed that Natalie and Nikki were really identical twins, and there was almost no difference in their features.

How is it that all five sibling were so, so adorable? They were all so cute and beautiful. Those genes of theirs did great work.

"Hello, sweet boy." she cooed once more, walking towards Natalie's crib to carry her too. Unlike his twin sister, all he replied was a small hum. It seems that he isn't quite awake yet.

It was an ease for Maureen to carry two children at once. She maintained a healthy body and worked out so it would be easy, and it required her to accommodate multiple children at once where she used to work.

Carrying three, however, would be a challenge.

Gently and carefully, she took both children in her arms and secured her hold. Nikki was in her right, since he was a bit earlier and chubbier than Natalie, and her right was her dominant arm. It provided great strength and balance for her to carry him, just like his sister that settled in her left arm.

Slowly, Maureen walked the two of them downstairs, one foot waiting for the other since she can't exactly see the bottom. She prayed she wouldn't trip.

A small sigh of relief came when they reached the kitchen safely, and when the two babies she was holding were reaching their hands out to their other siblings and mumbling 'eat and food' all over again.

Mrs. Helen was amused, as well as impressed, when she saw how calm and confident Maureen was when carrying the two children. She didn't seem to struggle, just being careful when walking. There was a time she could do that to her children too.