Story 6 Valentines

*February 11th 2021*

*Jens pov*

I went to the shop today to buy a valentines card for David because I have been in love with him ever since we first met back in 1994. It kills me that I can't see him everyday. While I was there I bought him his favourite chocolate, Lindor. I also got a build a bear and put a recording of my voice saying "I love you David". I knew he would see Cleo at some point soon so I got a little teddy for her too. I wrapped them in pink paper with white love hearts on it. In the card practically spilled my whole heart out to him. I wrote how I truly feel. I'm not expecting him to like me back but I can't live my life thinking "what if?" When I was done I put the card in the envelope with a heart sticker on it to seal it shut. I taped the card to the present and put it in a bubble wrap envelope and drove to the post office to post it.

When I got home from the post office I got a text from David saying happy birthday. It made me smile, he was always the first to wish me happy birthday. I messaged him back saying thank you and put 2 x's and a love heart at the end.

Now I just had to wait until valentines day to see if he likes the gift.

*February 11th 2021*

*David's pov*

Yesterday I went to the shop to buy a valentines card for Jen, so I can admit my feelings for her. I've loved her since 1994 and I don't know if she likes me back but it's worth a shot. I bought her her favourite chocolates, Lindor. I also went to the build a bear shop in New York and bought her a teddy bear with a recording of my voice saying "I love you Jenny". And last of all I got a toy for each of her dogs. Today when I woke up I wrapped the gift and wrote the card confessing every single last feeling in my heart. I sealed the envelope with a little sticker that said happy valentines day on it and put them all in a bubble wrapped envelope so they didn't get damaged. I drove to the post office with them and posted them so they would arrive on valentines day.

When I got home it was around 10am so Jen would be waking up soon as it was 7am in L.A. So got out my phone and sent Jen a text saying happy birthday and that I hope she has a great day. She messaged back saying thank you with a love heart and kisses, giving me butterflies. I went on with my day waiting for valentines day to come around to see if Jen likes my gift.

*Valentines day 2021 - 14th of feb*

*Davids pov*

I woke up on Valentines day at about 9am and thought that Jen probably wouldn't have got my gift yet as it was only 6am in L.A. So I got up out of bed and ate breakfast when the doorbell rang. There was a parcel on my front step. I took it inside and opened it. As I took it out of the envelope I saw some pink wrapping paper with little white love hearts. A card fell out on the floor so I opened it and read it.

Dear David,

I just wanted to send you this to tell you that I love you and I have done since 1994. I can't stop thinking about you and it drives me crazy everyday knowing that I may never get to be with you. You make me so happy and you have the kindest heart of anyone I know, whenever I'm sad you can fix it with one hug. Your smile gives me butterflies and I wish I got to see it everyday for the rest of my life. You are the kindest most loving most handsome man I have ever met and I don't want to have to live without you. I don't know if you feel the same way and I hope this doesn't affect our friendship, but I thought you should know.

Lot's of love from,

Jen 🤍 xx

He was so surprised that Jen felt the same way but he was glad. He continued opening the gift and found a big brown teddy with pink ears and a pink bowtie. He felt a lump in it's paw and squeezed it.