Story 51 Perfect

*Jens pov*

I was sat on my couch watching David dancing with his little girl Cleo. It was the first day of filming the reunion and we had all gone back to my house after filming. There was music on and everyone was dancing in the living room. Courteney was dancing with Johnny, Lisa was dancing with Michel, Matt and Matthew were dancing about the room with each other, Andrea was dancing with her husband and David was dancing with Cleo. I had been admiring him all day and Courteney said that she caught him staring at me. She keeps making fun of me telling me we're looking at each other "all flirty", whatever that's supposed to mean. At one point she told me we look like a married couple, she keeps telling me I should just tell him how I feel, but I'm scared.

The song ended and an out of breath David came over holding Cleo's hand. He sat down next to me and Cleo sat on the other side. He smiled at me as I turned slightly to face them and I smiled back.

Jen: I see you did a good job of tiring your Dad out then

Cleo: Yeah but I tired myself out in the process which wasn't the original plan

David: I'm exhausted I don't think I'm going to be able to leave this chair for the rest of the night, never mind dance.

We laughed as he put his arm around the back of the couch behind me. I felt his hand on my shoulder as he pulled me slightly towards him. I shuffled in as we sat and watched everyone else dancing.

Cleo: You two look like a married couple sat like that.

Jen: First Courteney now you, do we really look that much like a married couple?

I said with a laugh as I looked at David who was smiling to himself.

Cleo: Yeah... have you seen yourself all cuddled up on the couch

This was when I realised I had rested my head on his shoulder and now had my hand on his stomach. He also had his hand lower down my back than before.

Jen: Oh, I get your point

Cleo: You two love each other

David: What.. no we don't

He said this extremely hesitantly as if he wasn't sure if he actually believed what he was saying.

Jen: We're just friends, nothing more.

Again I didn't believe a word that was coming out of either of our mouths

Cleo: Come on, you two don't even believe what you've just said so how am I supposed to.

David: I assure you we are just friends

Cleo: Finee, if you insist but you're yet to convince me.

We went back to watching everyone dancing, me still cuddled into David thinking about what Cleo just said to us. That was two people in one day who have told me we're in love and look like a married couple.

A bit later I heard the start of Perfect come on the speakers, this song reminded me of David. Just when I was thinking this he removed his hand from my back and got up from his seat. He stood in front of me and held out his hand.

David: May I have this dance?

He said with a little smile. I blushed and took his hand.

Jen: I thought you said you we're too tired to get out of your chair.

David: Well I can make exceptions

He dragged me into the middle of the floor and pulled me into his arms. We started swaying from side to side in time with the music. He had one hand round my waist and was holding my hand in his other. I had my hand round his waist on his back as well. It got to the chorus and we were gazing into each others eyes. He lowered his head and I shut my eyes as I felt him kiss me gently. Then I felt him pull away and I opened my eyes again as I looked up at him and smiled wider than I've ever smiled before. He had the same broad smile on his face and he whispered in my ear.