Chapter 11- He Was Conflicted...!!!

Jennifer's POV

Me and Sarah watched movies till around 1:00 am and then we decided to sleep as we were suppose to be in the hospital early mornin' tomorrow to check on patients.
I was in my bed and closed my eyes.... Few moments later like around 1:20 suddenly I got a call, I gasped and woke up, received the call, there was an Emergency in the hospital
I got out of my bed.... Quickly changed and rushed to the hospital.
Few doctors were already treatin' the patient in OT, I ran towards OT to see and check the patient.
"It's Mr. Drake" I said to myself.

I checked him and monitored the measurements properly... Came to a conclusion that he had internal bleedin'
Asked for the necessities and started treating Mr. Drake.
After an hour or so, we were done and thank God he was back to normal and we successfully stopped his internal bleeding.
Treatin' his internal bleeding with his high blood pressure was dangerous and the treatment was at stake... But I'm so, so, so thankful to God that he guided us through out the procedure.
We moved Mr. Drake to the ICU (Intensive care unit), kept him under observation.

I was under a little bit of pressure and tension, when I realized about how dangerous it could have been, cuz internal bleeding is not good at all, it's dangerous, the patient might have exhausted himself, he might have taken stress and he exasperated himself out... Like what might have happened back home.... That was important than his health.

I was a little annoyed on this thought and the fact that Mr. Drake didn't take his health seriously.
I walked out of the OT, I saw Gabriel and Nathan, there was some lady, probably mr. Drake's wife and more 2 guys... Maybe his son....
I talked to them, rather shrieked, but in a low voice just to make them understand how serious this scenario, this situation was and would have been if they wouldn't have brought him on time they did....

"Sorry Doctor" he (Gabriel) whispered and said "yeah he was stressed."
I told him - "It's okay for this time, but he needs to be under observation and proper treatment, rest for 6 months or let's say 5 months now is very vital, proper care, medication dosages on time..."
"Ummmm, if possible y don't you hire a skilled nurse for him at home...
Don't let him exhaust himself, keep h away from things, which would make him exasperated or too excited."
I whispered to Gabriel and told him not to worry, everything's under control, thank God, I patted his shoulder, smiled at him, and others and told them not to worry as well and left...

I went into my room, marked and noted all the measurements of Mr. Drake and studied well... On the reports.
I checked on other patients later, everyone were doin' good recovery...
I also told their families to prepare for dischargement of the patients who did great progress.... Made those families understand about the care to be taken at home without fail.

Now that I was all exhausted and done with all the tasks and stuffs, I decided to leavin', there was nothin' else for me to check on...
I walked to the parkin' lot, Unlocked the door by hittin' the button on the key, and when I reached to open the door, there was no space for me to open the car's door... Someone had parked their car, very close to mine.....
I sighed..... But to my sweet surprise, there was someone already inside the car sittin' in the driver's seat with head down on the steering.

I knocked on the glass but he didn't respond, I didn't stop knocking until the person opened the door...
As soon as He opened the door... I saw that he was Gabriel, the person sittin' inside was Gabriel....
I said- "oh thank God. It's you... Can u...."
I stopped talkin' cuz he quickly got up from his seat and held me into a tight hug...
I was bowled over, I hesitated a little, but then... He looked disheartened so I rubbed his back in comfort..

He looked all pale to me, tired ....
He looked Conflicted...
I asked him clearing my throat ummmm, "hey, hey, Gabriel is everything alright, Are u fine?."
My heart broke, I felt sad and sorry for him.... When he replied in a very low yet frustrated voice - "Nooo.... Jenny nothin's alright, I'm not okay Jenny, I'm not...
I'm Conflicted bad in my own thoughts, I don't know what to do anymore, I'm fightin' a battle with Myself Jenny..."
I was melancholized when he said...
"Whenever I think that I'm about to win somethin' goes wrong and I'm back to where I started, I'm back to zero... Jenny.
I'm back to zerooo...."

He sighed and whispered into a low voice, tightening the hug into protective one...
"Just know that I'm willing to change for God, for his grace upon him, I'm willin' to change for you, yes I am... But, but, I'm stuck Jenny, I'm stuck....."

Silence overtook both of us for a few moments.....
After a few moments, I cleared my throat and broke the silence
I said -" Gabriel, heyyy, listen to me, right now it may sound difficult even impossible, but all I can say is, Just trust upon God and wait upon him, remember this - whenever you feel like there's no way, trust me there always are more than one ways, u won't see them now but you will see them eventually... "

I rubbed his back and broke the hug...
I also asked him about the thing he said, that he was willin' to change for me.... But he cuts me in, probably he didn't wanted to answer at this moment... So he asked about y I was knocking on the glass of his car.... I answered and he was quickly in action, tellin' me that he was in hurry when he and others from the family brought Mr. Drake to the hospital and didn't notice where he parked his car....
He said "sorry"
"It's okay, I know" is what I said and I got inside my car, waved at him bye, and told him to take care as he looked pale to me...
I drove back home...
Quickly changed into pajamas and jumped into my bed...
I was exhausted, suddenly memories from today flashed, all that happened, all that Gabriel said..... And I slept..

In the mornin the sun dazzled on my face, but I didn't wanted to wake up yet, so I got under my rugs and layed in bed for another half an hour....
Later when I woke up I stretched my body, got into warm shower....
Believe me, it felt good, so good, like I was heatin' up in sauna.... My muscles relaxed as the warm touched my skin... I Was all refreshed and ready for this day...
I got dressed, went into the kitchen, and saw, that breakfast was already prepared and arranged on the dine table with a note from Sarah...
She wrote "Beautiful Babe,
I know that u had to rush to the hospital yesterday night, I also know that you were all exhausted when u came back home... So I thought y not prepare a small gift for you, have it, eat your breakfast... Hahahah now u don't have to cook and tire urself out....

Love BFF
Sarah 😘"

I laughed and smirked, ate my breakfast which Sarr prepared for me and left for the hospital.
I reached hospital... Time showed 11:00 am.
I walked into my room, put on my apron
and were off for a round, I decided to first check on Mr. Drake, the nurse followed me with all the necessities in the trolley.
I

entered the ICU, into where Mr. Drake were... He looked pale and feeble...
"You look pale and weak Mr. Drake, tell me how you feel?"
He answered" Not so good doctor, my body hurts, I feel weak."

I sighed and asked him if he ate anythin'?

No he and his wife answered together.
I told her to feed him, but somethin' light...
While nurse checked his temperature and blood pressure...
I noted all the measurements, smiled at Mr. Drake and his wife and left the room, to check on others...
While Gabriel came walkin' from the front and called out my name.....

* * * * * *

Thank you guys
Don't forget to vote, like and comment

* * * * * *