Chapter Seven

I dismissed everyone and decided to prepare for the party. Today is such a special and happy day because Robert will be officially introduced to America. I chose a burgundy dress with a thigh slit, black pointy shoes, a clutch and slightly wavy hair. Robert is already arriving and I'm almost done.
I heard the elevator noise and then his voice and smiled to myself. Mad I heard other voices, one of a woman and the other of a little girl.
- Hello? Petit, I'm here!
- Hi my love, just one more minute.
I put on some lipstick and went to find him. When I saw him my jaw dropped, I think I drooled. We are matching using the burgundy color. He is wearing a burgundy suit, pants and tie, a white shirt and white sneakers. Beautiful as always. He's transfixed, looking at me with his mouth open.
- WOW!!
- Did you like it, my love?
I walked around and smiled at him as he walked over and wrapped his arms around me.
- I didn't like it, I loved it! You"re the most beautiful woman I have ever seen.
I looked behind Robert and saw a girl with a little girl on her lap and he introduced us.
- Oh, the girls. Alex these are Chloé and Marie, my daughters. Chloé and Marie this is Alex, my girlfriend.
Marie jumped off her sister's lap, ran and hugged my legs smiling. I reached down and picked her up in my lap.
- Nice to meet you too, Marie. You're a beautiful little girl! Hello Chloe.
Marie has blonde hair and very expressive little blue eyes. Chloé is very different, with dark eyes and hair. She's a lot like Robert.
- We finally met, Alex. I think my little sister liked you a lot, right baby?
- Yes true!
I can't say why, but I'm so enchanted by Marie, it feels like she's my daughter and we barely know each other.
- I liked you a lot too Marie, we're going to have a lot of fun together!!!
- Yay!!!
- We'd better go, don't you think? The party owner has to be punctual!
We got out and got into the elevator. Marie didn't leave my lap for a moment.

☼☼☼

I

'm still trying to understand why there's so much noise for Robert. I'm only going to this party because Alex invited me and I obviously want to see her and also for the entertainment and fun of this event. I chose a shoulder-to-shoulder black dress, a gold high heel and a black clutch. Got dressed, waved my hair and went, can I regret it? Absolutely, but I won't go back.
I arrived at the party site and there are thousands of journalists and photographers at the door. It even looks like an Oscar ceremony, with a red carpet. I got out of the car and the journalists and photographers got restless, they shouted my name and I stopped on the carpet to be photographed and suddenly I hear a voice say: "Is Bradley Jackson alone? Where is Laura Peterson?"
A reporter approached and asked to interview me and I said yes.
- Bradley, you look so beautiful! How long have you been in New York?
- Thanks. It's been a few days since I arrived and came back to stay. Before you ask and for all the journalists who are here too, listen, Laura and I decided to go our own way. She is an amazing woman who taught me a lot, made me understand and I wish her to be immensely happy.
- So, Bradley Jackson is single?
- Yes she is!
I thanked her who also thanked me and left.
A car stopped and Robert got out, along with a girl and then a little girl, super smiling and beautiful, and seconds later Alex got down, my Alex and I lost strength in my legs, so stunning and beautiful she is. I have never seen a woman as beautiful and elegant as her in my entire life and everyone stopped to look at her and Robert. They seem like a happy family, they must be Robert's daughters. Alex took the little girl's hands and bent down, saying something I couldn't hear, but the two girls stood aside and the year couple came out onto the red carpet alone. I was at the front door and I have never seen Alex so happy, she smiles since she got out of the car, actually they are both very happy. I shouldn't have, but I felt bad about it and my mistake. They posed for several photos, gave several kisses rubbing their happiness in my face. The two girls approached and took pictures with them and I joined the party because it was too excruciating for me. But at the same time I am happy to see Alex. God, what did I come here for?