Chapter Eleven

I love being here, sitting on this bench, watching and gardening when I'm not in my daily activities. These are very new things for me and that I love to discover. Yesterday I made a picture and it's hanging in my room, I learned to use the sewing machine, I'm learning to play the guitar and to cook. My first therapy session was yesterday and the psychologist explained to me how it will work. There will be two sessions a week where we will talk and that will be to get rid of everything bad and painful that exists inside of me. And it's going to hurt, it's going to hurt, but in the end I'll be free! And that's what I most want in my life.
As I thought about my life and everything I'm going to face in these sessions, everything I've run away from for so long, I felt a hand touch my shoulder and I thought it was Robert, but when I looked at the hand, it's a woman's. I looked back and couldn't believe she was in front of me.
- Hi Alex. I thought you would be surprised to see me, even more here. But I came in peace, I swear it.
- Laura? How, how did you find me here?
- Does not matter. Can I?
Laura said pointing to the empty chair on the bench I'm sitting on.
- He can.
She sat down beside me and took my hand.
- I came to say that I'm rooting for your improvement, really. I saw everything that happened and no one deserves to go through it. But you are strong, always have been and will get over it.
- Thanks for the support Laura. You are the first person to visit me since I came here.
- Same? Your boyfriend hasn't arrived yet?
- No, I thought he would be the first person, but he didn't come. No offense, of course.
- Alex you never expected to see me here and I understand that you must be missing him. Soon he's here, you'll see. Well I'm coming, I just came to say you're not alone! It's okay that there's a whole world waiting for you out there, right?
- Okay, I'll stay!
Laura hugged me and left and here I am, alone again.

                         ☼☼☼

It's time to sit in that chair again. And next to Robert and this is so weird, but I'm here because of the love I have for my profession and the TV show. When I open the dressing room door to go out, Mia is there.
- Hey Bradley, long time! It's good to be with you again and on The Morning Show.
We hugged each other tightly and walked into my dressing room again.
- I'm glad you agreed to come back!
- Thank you for trusting me, Bradley, and for not forgetting about me.
- I'll never forget you and everything you've done for me!! Are we going to work?
We got up and went to the studio. I saw Robert sitting there, he's haggard and tired. Not even makeup can disguise dark circles. I went in and sat down next to him, who is going to announce my return, but he doesn't even seem to want to be there.
- Hi, are you alright?
- Hey, welcome back. I'm exhausted, I haven't slept in a long time, I work 24 hours a day, I have a horrible headache and body aches, and my concentration is also terrible. I don't even know how I got here today.
- After I leave here today I will go to the hospital Robert, this is not normal.
- Before I visit Alex, I will.
There was a 3 second countdown and we went on air.
“Good morning, thanks for watching us. Today we are partying here on The Morning Show because I have a new partner who is sitting here next to me and you know it very well. Welcome back Bradley Jackson!
Robert smiled and kissed my hand, he's such a polite and helpful man, you can't hate him.
- Oh my God, am I really here again? How I missed this studio and what a pleasure to be here by your side.
- Bradley, if you allow me, I want to give a warning.
- Please make yourself comfortable.
- You must be wondering this disappearance of Alex. No, she didn't give up on us, on you. But she is going through an extremely delicate time with her mental health and has moved away to take care of herself and come back well. While Alex is gone, Bradley will be here.
No one knew that Robert would talk about why Alex's sudden departure, and neither did I.
- We send all our love to Alex and we know that soon she will be here again.
We hosted the show, the audience has improved a lot and we're getting along well. Leaving the studio, I reinforced what I had said earlier.
- Go to the hospital, don't let it go! Alex needs you.
Robert met his secretary in the hallway, she faloys that a man is in his office and doesn't leave until he talks to Robert. They went upstairs and so did I, to my room, which is opposite Robert's, Alex's is on the side. The secretary said I needed to leave for a few minutes and I md offered to stay there until she came back and I can see everything there in Robert's room and he made a very unpleasant face when he was face to face with this guy. I heard the entire conversation.
- What are you doing here??
- Is that how you get a friend?
- We're not friends!!! Get out of here immediately!!!!
- I will not leave!!! You won't run away from me anymore, after all. What did you think? That could come out like this and everything is fine? You have bills to pay, have you forgotten what we did for you?
- You ended my life!!! Wasn't everything bad enough? Leave me alone!!
- What's your girlfriend's name? Alex Levy, right? She's admitted to a clinic now, it doesn't hurt to visit her... The poor thing must be so fragile!
What's going on here? What is this man talking about?
- LEAVE ALEX ALONE!!!! IF YOU TOUCH A HAIR OF HER HAIR, I'LL KILL YOU!!! HEARD? I KILL YOU!!
This Robert is completely different from what I saw a few minutes ago there in TMS, he is very changed, I was even scared.
- You've done it once, right Robert, once again it's not a difficult thing.
At that moment, he cried, anger turned to sadness.
- IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!!! IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!!! AND IT WAS YOUR Fault, YOURS!!!!
I went in, I couldn't stand to see Robert so desperate and asked the man to leave. He left, but before he said:
- Stay smart, you know what I'm capable of.
Robert looked at him, got up and yelled.
- GET OUT OF HERE NOW!!!!!
He sat down again, looking at me as if asking for help and I hugged him even though I didn't quite understand what had happened.