Chapter Nine

The big day has arrived, me and Robert will finally make our debut together. I'm in the dressing room and I still have 10 minutes. It feels like this is the first time I've been sitting on that bench and hosting The Morning Show. I have never felt so excited and excited to present The Morning Show as I am today. I have an outfit covering my arms, a black dress. Today when I woke up I woke up again and like yesterday it was liberating. Someone knocks on the door, I don't say anything and they open the door, it's Chloé.
- Hi Alex, may I?
- Hey Chloe, sure.
She walked in and stood in front of me without saying a word.
- Do you want to tell me something?
- Yes. I know you're without a producer and today I'm on your side, but so what? By the way, what happened to the other one?
With everything that happened, I forgot to think about it.
- I really do not know. He got married and moved away, that ungrateful one left me here. Thanks for supporting me today.
- You do not need to thank me. Well if you don't have anyone in mind then... I can work for you, not just today, but forever.
Chloé is a girl I don't know much, but she is so kind, caring and competent that I don't want to burden her with work.
- Alex, I love my job and the more work I have, the better. Since my mother...
- I know, Chloe
We
- I continued working and it's a way to forget everything that happened.
- Your mother died giving birth to Marie, right?
She fell silent and lowered her head, sighed and looked at me again.
- Did my father tell you that?
- Yes?
She spoke as if Robert had lied to me. His late wife died in childbirth, he told me.
- Alex, there's something I need to tell you. I shouldn't, but I will because it's not fair.
- What happened?
- Yesterday Bradley was here and talked to my father.
- WHICH??? So, were these "things" to solve?
- Yes...
- What did he want with her?
- I received almost nothing, but I heard when he told her to stay away from you.
- Why did your father do this? Without telling me anything?
- Because he loves you Alex and is worried about your health. If he told you, you wouldn't let him talk to Bradley.
- I would not let!!!
- He did you a favor, pushing Bradley away. It's the best now. Well let's go?? It's time!!!
- Thank you for telling me this and I'm ready!
We left, I went into the studio and my stomach fluttered. I sat in my seat and 3, 2, 1...
"Good morning and thanks for watching us. Today is a very special day on The Morning Show because someone will be taking this chair next to me from today and I'm so happy about that."
I got up and announced to Robert that he came in with a smile the size of the world and handsome as always. He hugged me and said softly in my ear:
- You look beautiful petit.
- You too my love.
We sat down and Robert talked about being on The Morning Show.
- First of all, thank you Alex for such a loving reception and I thank you for giving me this place. I'm really happy to be debuting today. May our journey be incredible.
- So will be!
- Well, now some people have sent you messages! We will see?
The messages started to pass, Robert was smiling and was also emotional. But when the last person appeared, his face completely changed. He was very serious, I touched his hands and they were cold, very cold. That man began to speak and he became restless, shifting in his chair as if he was getting ready in his chair.
"Dear friend Robert, how happy for your debut!! May you and your beautiful partner Alex, in life and on TV, be very successful! A hug!"
Robert was shaking and I didn't understand anything, but something very wrong is happening. We went to the break and Robert ran out of the studio and I followed him. Nobody understood anything, neither did I.
- Hold the break longer, it's not okay!
I ran after him and saw him enter my dressing room and entered too. He was sitting in my chair, hands on his head. I walked over and put my hand on his shoulder and stroked and he looked at me.
- What just happened?
- You still trust me, right?
- What question is that? Oh yeah, why wouldn't I trust you?
- I love you, I love you so much!!
- I love you so much too!
We kissed and he hugged me tight.
- You already have too much pain to deal with me. We need to go back, come.
- Why did that man leave you like this? Who is he? Does it have to do with that phone call at my house?
- Alex, the show needs to get back on the air, let's go!!
He took me by the hand and we went back to the studio and before entering he gave me a kiss on the forehead.
- Don't worry about me, but about you! You need to get well.
I gave a half smile, we went in and finished the show which exploded in audience and everyone is commenting on Twitter.

                          ☼☼☼

2 months have passed since Robert's debut. I keep cutting myself, I don't even have space in my body anymore, with each passing day my will to live is smaller. Things have gotten worse for me this past month. I stopped going to the program several times because I didn't have the strength. I'm here in the dressing room, taking off the clothes I made for the show, I'm only wearing underwear and Robert appeared at that moment and hugged me from behind and kissed my neck. Too late to hide my marks. He saw my arm, then my stomach, chest, and his eyes widened. I started to cry a lot and he hugged me tight.
- Petit, oh my God!!!
- Help me Robert, help me!!!!
- You need to be hospitalized petit, isolate yourself from what makes you so bad. We will look for the best clinic for you and you will be treated and you will be fine!!! OK?? Are you with me?
- Yes, I just want it all to end!!! I can not take it anymore.
I put on my clothes, we left for Robert's house. I'm going to check in and that means getting away from The Morning Show and Robert and Marie. But I need help and here I won't get it.