Chapter Twelve

I've been here at the clinic for 15 days, I've had 2 therapy sessions and it was very, very difficult. I started talking from the beginning, from my troubled and lonely childhood indoors and out. My school days were aggressive, Alexandra was bullied. I was shy and my way of expressing things was writing and at 13 I chose to be a journalist. My grades were always good, my parents are teachers and they demanded a lot from me. I promised myself I was a great journalist, even if I had to give my blood for it. And that's what I did, I gave my sweat all my life for journalism and if I'm Alex Levy today it's because I tried hard, I didn't get anything for free.
I'm sad that Robert didn't show up here, he abandoned me? The other day I asked them to give me plenty of bond paper and a pen and they gave it to me. We don't have anything electronic here. I started to write a book, yes another book, about the experience I'm having here, about how depression, anxiety and panic have affected me, but there's a way and they're not going through it alone.
I stopped to rest and when I looked straight ahead, who is coming towards me? Chloe. She is smiling and beautiful.
- Hey Alex! How happy to see you. I know it wasn't me you expected to see.
She gave me a big hug and sat in the chair at the table where I am also sitting.
- Stop it Chloé, I'm glad you're here! You know how much I like you. But what happened to your father? Why didn't he come? Has he forgotten about me?
She took a deep breath and explained to me carefully what happened.
- The day he forgets about you, I change my name! Of course not Alex, my dad was in the hospital one day, after he finished the program and was diagnosed with Burnout Syndrome, he stopped working on a doctor's recommendation for the time being and sent me here to see you and let me know that in some days he will be here with you.
Robert is under excessive stress from work and I can't do anything here!
- Alex, he is in therapy, which is doing very well and is under medical supervision. He is resting now and will be fine soon. Focus on you! What he wants most is to see you well.
- I'm missing him a lot!
- Friday this will end! He is also missing you a lot.
- Is the TV show off the air?
Chloe continued to look at me. She took a while to say something.
- not...
- who is presenting?
She tried to change the subject but I wouldn't let go and told her to answer my question.
- Bradley
Chloe spoke so quietly I didn't understand.
- Who???
- Bradley!
I should have guessed, they weren't going after someone else, she was there.
- There is.
Chloé told me I needed to go, hugged me and told me to take care of myself and focus on my treatment that Robert is taking care of himself and that he'll be fine soon.
- While my father is away, I'll call the UBA, he threw the bomb in my lap and how was I going to say no to my old man, right?
- It's because he trusts you a lot! Were you guys always stuck together like that?
- We've always been close, but after...
- After??
- That my mother died, it really increased. My father didn't handle it well at all, I know that no one handles death well, but with him... It was catastrophic and I was by his side the whole time!
- Catastrophic? Why?
- Alex I have to go! I would stay here talking to you for hours, but I have a lot of work. Take care, okay?
- Thank you for coming to visit me.
She walked away with quick steps, looking nervous at my question. What are they hiding?

                         ☼☼☼

Since Robert had to be turned away due to health problems, I'm running the show on my own and things are going bad. I even heard that they are going to take the program off the air. UBA is turned upside down and streaming is only giving losses. Robert and I have been talking every day and now I'm in the car, going to meet me in person.
I arrived at his door and rang the bell and he opened the door with his daughter in his arms and what a beautiful little girl, I had already seen her from afar at the party, but now up close she remembers a lot... the... Alex . The little girl was the first to speak to me.
- Hi do I know you.
- Hi beautiful, do you know me?
- Yes, you're the girl from daddy's party. The one who was singing.
I wanted to run away and Robert looked at me embarrassed, but I broke the tension.
- Yes it's me! Did you know that I work with your father?
- Bradley, please come in!
I walked in and I was shocked, it's bigger than it looks on the outside and look how big it is on the outside.
- What's your name?
- My name is Bradley
- And my name is Marie.
- It's a beautiful name! How old are you?
She showed 3 little fingers with her little hand.
- Are you daddy's friend?
- Yes I am.
- And Aunt Alex too? I miss her so much.
- It's been a while since I've talked to her, but I also miss her a lot.
- Daddy said that she hurts and that the doctor is taking care for her to get better soon.
I looked at Robert and he gave a small smile.
- Yes, that's it. Soon she will be here again with you.
Marie went back to drawing and I sat in the armchair and he is sitting on the sofa.
- How are you? The look has improved a lot, despite the sweatshirt, the basic T-shirt and the messy hair. I never thought I'd see you dressed like that.
- Did you think I'd keep a suit at home?
- Of course not, but I never thought I would come to your house. I thought you hated me.
He looked at me and shook his head no.
- I never hated you. I was angry and upset about what you did to Alex. But Bradley, everybody gets it wrong. We can't judge anyone, we don't know what's up with each other.
- You speak one way. That day at the UBA with that man. He said some things, threatened you. He said you... killed someone.
Robert sighed very deeply and tears fell from his eyes. That's a lot of weight for him.
- Yeah, he didn't lie, I did kill someone. Bradley was an accident, I swear it was an accident! I didn't want to, I didn't want to!
- Robert, I believe in you, I believe in you! It was an accident.
I held his hands tightly to calm him down.
- They are guilty, it was because of them that she died.
- Who are they and she Robert? You can trust me.
- Greta Bradley, Greta.
-. Who is Greta?
- My wife, the mother of my daughters, my life partner!
- I'm sorry about that, Robert. But who killed her? Was it "they"?
- It was because of them! Marie, my little baby, needed help, I was desperate Bradley, and I needed money... Now you better stop asking questions. I've already said a lot.
- Okay, I'll stop.
Robert is involved in something very bad and he clearly carries unending guilt. But what happened?