CHAPTER TWO: DOUBLE DATES & NIGHT SHIFTS

It's safe to say that Ben and Rhys' pursuit of finding me a soulmate is not about to end anytime soon, because I have a blind date tonight.

Yup, these two men have set me with a complete stranger. Not them though, because the guy is apparently an old high school friend of Rhys'. I have no idea he has never mentioned it this man before but according to him he is a good guy and Rhys thinks that we will look good together.

Of course I let him know that relationships are more than just looking good together. They're about whether or not you see yourself waking up next to the same face for the rest of your life. If you don't see yourself ever falling out of love with that person. I don't date for fun, I date for marriage because I want to build a life with someone and so far I have been meeting men who just want to hook up and not put a label on what we are.

That's when I hop off the train and thank him for his company. I am not about to waste my time with anyone who doesn't see himself with me by the next week. 

The only good thing about this blind date is that I will not be alone. Ben and Rhys have somehow made this a double date, which is a first for me. At least I have them to talk to if the vibes get awkward between me and the stranger.

Ben sent me a text saying that I should dress to impress since we're going to a fancy restaurant. I go to my closet to choose an outfit. I settle for a black silk slip on dress, black heels and my black knee length coat to keep out the cold.

After my shower I slip on a clack lace underwear set. I love having sexy underwear, I feel confident and I like looking sexy for myself.

The dress settles on my skin and I put on the shoes before fixing my braids into a high ponytail. I then get my make up done, light dark eyeliner and a bold red lip. By the time Bentley calls me to say they are on their way to the restaurant I am done. 

I sprits some perfume and then grab my purse and keys before locking the house and stepping into my car. On the drive over I listen to some music, singing along to Alina Baraz' To Me. I feel like the song completely describes how I feel as a person. Right now I am at a point in my life where I am in love with myself. Where I feel enough and don't lack anything.

Once I get to the restaurant, I walk inside and tell the hostess that I meeting some people here. She shows me to the table and I spot Rhys' unique silver grey hair. It's like if Anderson Cooper had a man bun and shaved sides. 

"Thandi!" , Ben's excited voice calls out to me as soon as I come into their view. He looks so handsome in a dark blue suit with a white shirt underneath.

"Hey guys." I give both of them a hug before Rhys helps me to my seat. He also looks very handsome in black dress pants and a black turtleneck. He finished off his look with white sneakers where Ben is in formal shoes.

I quickly order a virgin mojito and dive into conversation with these two. "I see that my date is not here yet." I say looking at the vacant chair in our four chair table.

Rhys pouts and checks his phone, "He says he just parked." So he'll be here in a minute or so.

"Are you nervous?" Ben asks as he holds my hand over the neat table. I shake my head sideways.

I can't remember the last time I was nervous about being on a date. I just stopped. It's almost as if I got numb. Going on a lot of boring dates does that to a person.

As Ben, Rhys and I continue to converse about our normal hospital stuff, a voice calls out from behind me to Rhys. 

He turns and smiles, "Chris." I watch as he stands to engulf the man in a hug. A moment later they pull away and Rhys does the introductions, "This is Ben my boyfriend." Ben twiddles his fingers at the man to which the guy chuckles.