CHAPTER SEVEN: SURPRISE VISITS & DREAM INVASIONS

GRAYSON POV:

There are simply no words to describe the relief I felt when I got the casts removed. I can't believe that I am back to full mobility of my body. My hand and leg have healed. My ribs are okay now and I am a happy man.

It has been a very taxing two months and a half months. Living with my mother has been great and she has been a godsent. I am grateful for her presence in my life and for how much she cares for me. She left home to come look after me and help me out, that kind of sacrifice is mindblowing and should not be taken lightly.

However, I missed my space. Living by myself and being independent again.

"Here we are." I say to mom as I park infront of my childhood home. She lives two hours away from me. I like being, not too far from her.

I exit the car and go open the door for her. I hold on to her hand to help her out, "Thank you my darling." she says her hand lightly squeezing my forearm.

I grab her bags from the backseat of the car and then walk up the familiar driveway. Fond memories of growing up here with by sister replay in my head. Playing in the yard with our friends. I look up to the right side, my room upstairs. I chuckle when I recall the times I sued to sneak out of the house.

Having an overprotective mother who was scared that something bad was going to happen when you weren't home when it got dark made me into a sneaky little shit. In my early teens I would climb out the bedroom window and carefully make my way down. Thankfully, there's tree on the side of the house that made it a little bit easier for me to climb down.

"Sweetheart." my father says as he opens the front door, immediately pulling mom into a hug.

My parents have always been in love. Deeply so. They loved hard and without any care about people's opinions. When it comes to unconditional love and devotion, they are who I look up to.

Once they eventually detach from their embrace, and I get a hug from my dad. "Glad to see you standing again." he says while I welcome the warmth from his body. I love my dad. He's the best and I know that seeing me in the shape that I was in, laying on that hospital bed - it scared him.

We go inside the house and have a chat as a family. My older sister, Katherine, moved out when she got married 7 years ago. It took a long time for us to get used to her absence. She's got the kind of presence that is immediately felt whenever she enters a room. In a way she reminds of Thandi.

While my parents continue to talk to each other, my mind drifts to the gorgeous nurse. She's just a beatiful person. I haven't known her for a long time but I can feel that she is one of a kind. I like her witty responses, her adorable smile. The way she just makes my heart skip a beat by just looking at me.

She amazes me and I don't even know a lot about her. Its's crazy but I know it in my heart that I want her. I want to be with her. Never have I experienced such a deep connection with a woman before.

I stay with mom and dad for about an hour before I make the drive home. I remember that Thandi is currently at work, she had let me know when we texted in the morning. An idea hits me prompting me to take a detour drom my normal route home.

***

THANDI POV:

The telecom rings off with my name being called. I am summoned to the reception area. I drag my tired feet. It's been a long day and I've got another six hours left on my shift. When I get to the reception area, Minnie, our kind sixty year old administrator smiles warmly at me.

"You've got a visitor hun." she says with a gleam in her eyes as she points me to the opposite direction. I look behind me and my breath hitches.

Grayson is seated on one of the metal chairs. The moment our eyes meet, he stands up and walks towards me. My throat dries up at how tall he is. I wasn't at work when he got the casts removed. It was my day off.