CHAPTER THIRTEEN: PINK DRESSES & LAKESIDE PICNICS

GRAYSON POV:

I've been smiling since she said yes. We finally agreed to become a couple. I'm dating Thandi Langa.

She's my girlfriend. My girl.

Man, the butterflies haven't settled since that night. It's been five days since then and because of our busy schedules, I haven't been able to take her on a date. Today is the day. I have planned the perfect date with the help of my mother and sister, who are very happy about me having a girlfriend.

Mom already wants to meet her. I am not about to push Thandi into my mother's arms yet, I need to have her to myself. Knowing my mother, she would hog Thandi all to herself.

My face should be split in two from how much I'm smiling. I stand on her front porch and ring the doorbell. "Coming." I hear her muffled voice from the inside.

I don't wait long 'till the door opens, revealing her beautiful self. My eyes slowly make their way down her body, from her gorgeous, smiling face all the way down to her pink sandals that show her toenails coated in black nail polish.

She's in a baby pink dress that stops about five inches above her knees, it has small red roses all over the fabric. I laugh when I notice that her braids are held back by pink headband.

"Lady in pink." I tease.

She laughs, "Yes, it's a beautiful afternoon for wearing pink."

"You look beautiful."

She hides her smile when I complement her, "Thank you. And you're handsome as always."

I feel the heat rush to my face, as I blush. "Thank you." Even the way she compliments me makes me feel all tingly inside.

She invites me in and I follow her into the house. I like her cottage, it's beautifully decorated and you can see how each item shows off her personality. From the plants blossoming with life to the hints of sage green everywhere.

"I just need to get my purse and phone upstairs, I'll be right back."

She dissapears up the stairs and within a minute she is back, holding a pink purse. I smile, shaking my head at her cuteness.

We head out of her house and lock the door. I open the passenger side door for her when we reach my car. I go around and slip in the car. We buckle our seatbelts and within a minute we're cruising down the street with music softly playing in the background.

When we reach our destination, I am both excited and nervous. I am on edge because I don't know how she will react to what I have planned for us. I park the car, turn off the engine, and turn to look at her.

She smiles, "Out of all the places I thought you'd take me to, the country club was not on the list."

"It's the perfect place for what I have set up for us."

Her brows rise, her interest piqued. "Well, I look forward to it."

When we're out of the car, I hold her hand and walk her through the foyer of the club. I smile when the hostess who so happens to be one of the people in my circle of friends, walks up to us. "Gray, everything is all set up." she smiles politely at Thandi, "Hi, my name is Sage. Nice to meet you."

"I'm Thandi, it's nice to meet you too."

"If you could follow me please."

We walk behind her. Thandi's curious eyes roam the lovely setting of the place. Glass walls show a beautiful view of the lush green grass and the plantlife. The outdoor eating area and some of the tennis courts with people hitting the green ball back and forth.