CHAPTER FOUR: ANGELS AND MYSTIC READINGS

GRAYSON POV:

I was never one to believe in love at first sight. I really thought it such a silly notion to think that you could easily fall in love with someone just by taking one look at them but now... I think that my mind and heart have been swayed.

Her name is as beautiful as she is. I think that accident might have been fate leading me to the love of my life.

"So you're in love with a nurse from this hospital? Are you hearing yourself?" Siya, my best friend of almost ten years says while he looks at me like I have lost my mind.

I don't know what it is, "I just feel drawn to her." I respond to him.

A snicker comes off Jake, who is also my best friend, we've been best mates since high school. "You've lost your mind, Gray."

"You guys don't get it."

Siya disapprovingly shakes his head at me, "Nah man. You don't get it. This woman is a stranger and you think that she might be the one just because she is doing her job"

"It's crazy Gray and you know it." Jake right before taking a huge gulp of his soda.

Why do I keep these two idiots around if they are not going to support me? "I need new friends."

"No, you need to get this fantasy out of your mind. You're never going to be with this woman because if she as beautiful as you say she is, then I'm sure she has a boyfriend."

When I get married to this woman, these two are definitely not invited to the wedding. I don't care if we've been friends for such a long time.

The rest of their visit is spent with them filling me in on what has been going on since I got admitted here. It seems the accident scared them and they thought the worst when they heard about it.

"I'm glad your dumb ass is alive," Siya says. The concern in his eyes betraying the nonchalant tone of his words.

There's a tug at my heart. "Aww, I'm happy to know that you can't live without me."

Our laughter is halted by a soft knock at the door, it slowly opens and her beautiful face graces the room. Our gazes lock and I swear time stops when a smile pulls at her lips.

"Calm down." Siya gently scolds. I feel my heartbeat start to race and the monitor beeping like crazy.

She's so beautiful. Like an angel straight from heaven.

Okay, maybe I may have hit my head a bit too hard.

But, she really is so beautiful, ethereal. Her braids are held back by a burgundy headband that matches her scrubs today.

"Hello."

My heart rate picks up once more at the sound of her voice. Dear God, help me.

"Hi, Nurse Thandi." I greet her. Siya and Jake warmly greet her.

She walks over to the foot of my bed and holds out my file, "Dr, Johnson sent me to check on you. How are you feeling today?"

"So much better now that you're here."

"Smooth." Siya mumbles while Jake covers his laugh with a fake cough.

The two idiots.

"I understand that it's visiting hours so I'll be quick." she continues to write some stuff down on my file while she looks at the monitors next to me.

While she does her observation of me, my friends ask her some questions about my well-being. As she touches and prods at my injuries I swear heat is left on every part of my skin that meets her gentle fingers, I try to keep my heart calm even though it wants to burst out of my chest.