Chapter 16

A couple days later...

Beep Beep

Katniss' eyes flutters open that she breathes small gasps and looks around seeing that she is in a hospital bed with iv's coming out of her arms and a breathing mask on her face that she starts trying to reach for the help button that the heart monitor starts going off crazy because she is scared of how she got to the hospital in the first place and where everyone is at. Carine then runs in with a nurse outfit on and a couple nurses behind her as well coming to check on her. They then take her face mask off her and checking her vitals while Carine was gently rubbing her head that Katniss started to whimper "it's okay baby your fine your just at the hospital" Katniss tries to talk but her voice is hoarse that she starts getting scared she then points to her throat "Oh right" Carine got up off the bed and got her some water "thank you everyone I got it from here" Mrs. Forester came in and told the rest of the nurses. They nodded and left "Thank you?" "Right, I'm Dean's mom Barbara you must be Carine, Katniss' and Prim's mom, right?" she just nodded, shaking hands with the women ''hello it's very nice to meet you but how do you know about me and my daughters?" "Oh, my bad uh Dean my son talks about Katniss and Rory her best friend and my daughter Clara goes to school with Prim they are friends she comes over most of the time for sleepover or after school" Carine just hummed and looked back at Katniss "Congratulations on the job by the way you'll love it here I know I do" Barbara told Carine trying to make conversation while checking Katniss' vitals and charts. "How long have you been here for Barbara?" "Uh a couple hours?" she asked confusedly, "No, I mean here in Stars Hollow?" Monique said with a small aggression in her voice "Oh well I've been here for a good couple of weeks almost a full month with my husband and kids' ' she said calmingly. Rory and Lorelai knocked on the door "Come in" Barbara said they came in with flowers and get-well balloons 'Hey Katnip" "Hey darling" the Gilmore girls said "Um *clears throat* if you don't mind, can we be left alone for a short time?" Carine asked Barbara then she nodded and left them alone. "Как е тя?" ("How is she?") Lorelai asked "she's fine stable but fine" Katniss was awake the whole time not able to talk or able to understand why her aunt Lorelai is talking in their original language. Muffles come from Katniss "oh Katilina are you okay?" Rory asked, grabbing her hand "squeeze my hand once for yes and twice for no, okay?" Katniss squeezed her hand once the other three girls just sighed Lorelai looked at them both "И така, какво точно се случи с гърлото й или в училище?" ("So, what exactly happened to her throat or at school?") Lorelai asked "Mom, can you please not talk in our language? I don't know if Katniss understands it anymore" Katniss just squeezed Rory's hand another time "You do understand what I'm saying?" Lorelai asks Katniss just squeezed Rory's hand again "okay can you just please try to tell us what happened baby? Because we don't understand you were fine that morning" Katniss squeezed the hand two times now "I don't think she remembers what happened or wants to talk about it can't you just tell us when her voice is going to get better and when she can go back to school? Oh, before I almost forget" Rory let Katniss' hand go and went to her bag she put in the room the other day. She gets a box out of the bag while Carine and Lorelai helped Katniss to sit up "Това е от г-н Loverboy"("This is from Mr. Loverboy") Rory said in a teasing voice which made Katniss giggle quietly. Rory then puts the box on Katniss' bed which Katniss then notices that it was an emerald green box with a dark purple ribbon tied around it. She grabbed it and slowly took off the ribbon giving it to her mom and then open the box pulling something out of the box which made her quietly gasped "oh honey that's beautiful" Carine said she picked up from Katniss' hand and showed Lorelai and Rory which made them gasp as well "what is it?" Rory asked which Katniss slowly responded to "Моята мечтана огърлица" ("My dream necklace") confused which made everyone else gasp.

 She grabbed it and slowly took off the ribbon giving it to her mom and then open the box pulling something out of the box which made her quietly gasped "oh honey that's beautiful" Carine said she picked up from Katniss' hand and showed Lorelai an...